Prayer for Humility
by Jessica Gerald

Dear Father,

Remind us that humility is an important virtue. It is the key to many other blessings from you. For you have said that whoever humbles himself like a child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:4)

Don't let us exalt ourselves, or we will be humbled. Rather let us humble ourselves and be exalted by you. (Matthew 23:12) For you oppose the proud, but give grace to the humble. (James 4:6)

Give us the humility and godly reverence and fear that bring wealth, honor, and life. (Proverbs 22:4) Remind us that the fear of the Lord teaches us wisdom, and humility comes before honor. (Proverbs 15:33)

Take away the type of pride that will bring us low. Give us a lowly spirit that will gain honor. (Proverbs 29:23) Enable us to humble ourselves under your mighty hand, knowing that in due time you will lift us up. (1 Peter 5:6)

In the name of Jesus we pray,
Amen

Jessica Gerald has been an elementary school teacher for over thirty years, and is the publisher of the website http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print