Becoming the Salt of the Earth
by Yvette Nietzen

Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.(NKJ)


Often times when I make breakfast, I add a pinch of salt and pepper to the eggs, scramble them then cook. On occasion I will add ham, other times onions and tomatoes, my husbands favorite.

As I served breakfast the other morning, my husband went for the salt and I told him that I had already added it. This made me think of the verse above. Sometimes us Christians, full of zeal for the Lord, may add too much salt to a conversation, especially when it comes to those that do not know the Lord. In our love for the lost, we fail to measure our words and begin pouring out too much salt. We then loose the flavor of our conversation.

Have you ever had eggs where too much salt was added? We cant eat it, and we end up throwing it out.

We need to measure the amount of salt we add. Our conversations could be counsel, prayer, or an every day topic. I am sure we have at one time had those people overloading us with their own topic, and we end up leaving not remembering what they spoke about.

When we speak to others, it should be with faith hope and love, flavored so that they will want more from us.

If we add just the right amount of salt to our conversation, this will leave the person asking for more.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print