Romans 8:22
by Don Costello

Romans 8:22

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

a. groaneth [4959 *sunstenazo; sun-together with; stenazo-groan] [sigh, as of persons in distress.]

b. travaileth [4944 * sundino; sun-together with; odino-birth pangs, travial.] ["travaileth in pain together"].

c. The previous verses described the present condition of the creation as, being "subject to vanity", and under the "bondage of corruption". In this verse it adds that the creation is groaning and travailing in pain. As wonderful as studying the wonders of creation is, the underlying truth is the earth is under a curse. The creation is mourning, it is sick, because of the sin of man.

d. Isaiah 24:4-6 "The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and faded away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left."

1). Isaiah 24:4 says the earth is languishing, and it says the same in Hosea 4:3

2). languisheth [535 * 'amal] [Strongs: to droop, by implication, to be sick, to mournbe weak, wax feeble.]

3). When we get sick we vomit.

a). Leviticus 18:25 "And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants."

e. Jeremiah 12:4, 11 "How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of the field whither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? The beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.

They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart."

f. Hosea 4:2, 3 "By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

g. How long shall the land mourn?

1). The answer of course is given by the passage of Romans 8:19-22.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print