Yesterday's Time-Zone
by

Most of us possess several gifts from our Heavenly Father but are we making the most of them? We start each morning with great ambitions, but reminders of prior faults and inadequacies may cause us to neglect some gifts.

If we permit our failures to feed our disappointments, we cringe under their power. Moving onto other God-given gifts is a way of coping with disappointmentsand you might just achieve great things in other fields.

The pleasure of receiving a gift from God can often be overtaken by a hidden dread. Fear and rejection take control and the gift is dismissed, allowing yesterday's unfulfilled dreams to destroy today's visions.

Some of the most influential men in the Bible came from humble beginnings. Incredibly these God-fearing men questioned their ability, seeking signs and wonders from God to reassure them. They were all called to serve God and yet they all had every reason to disregard their purpose.

I am reminded of Peter's denial of Jesus (Matthew 26:75). Just imagine where today's church would be had Peter focused on his failure. It change his life forever, yesbut the choice he made determine not only his, but also the Church's future!

Gideon protested his short-comings to God. After all, he was the least of his family in the Manasseh clan (Judges 6:15). The Lord told Gideon to go in His strength, but Gideon was still anxious that he wasn't the man for the job. Only after some incredible signs, did Gideon respond to his calling. How easily Gideon's weaknesses could have kept him from overcoming?

Moses also required signs from God. He insisted that he was a man of poor speech (Exodus 4:10) and received a stinging rebuke!
Later, Moses went to Pharaoh to warn him to heed God's words. Imagine if he gave up after the first, second or even third attempt! Moses could have also allowed his past experience with Pharaoh to prevent him from achieving God's purposes.

At times we need mind-changing experiences, but do we always need God to give us signs because of our disappointments and weaknesses? Many conceal a gift because of fear of failure or rejection. An unused or neglected gift from God becomes void of its function. The splendour of a gift is in its use.

Today can be the beginning of a courageous journey. Explore beyond your past into expectations and hope. It's time to stop living in yesterday's time-zone and go forth today, into the promises of tomorrow.

Chrissy Siggee

Chrissy Siggee is the author of 'Glimpses of His Glory', a collection of her poetry, devotions, pencil illustrations and nature photos. - SORRY - SOLD OUT! 
Chrissy is also the author of the teen novel 'Out of the Shadows - Jenna's Secret.' http://chrissysiggee.com/shadows/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print