Faith
by

What is Faith?

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Ephesians 3:16-19
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Without faith, I'm nothing.

Faith is a part of me, the hope of my salvation, and all that I live for and all that I do. Life is not an easy road and not at all perfect.

Life can be can be the pits.
Life can be lonely.
Life can be full of pain.

But life without faith is

no life at all.

When news spread that Jesus had risen from the grave, Thomas wanted to see Jesus before he could believe it. Faith believes in something before its seen. Not the other way around.

2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight

We all need Faith

even just a little.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

When I was confined to bed last year, I struggled with a lot of things, but faith in the Father, I never doubted. Days of pain drove me to tears and misery. Sometimes I couldnt even pray. I didnt have to. I knew the Great Physician would bring me through.

Simple?

No.

It was probably the worst year of my entire life.
My favourite Bible verses during those bleakest days and sleepless nights were from the book of Matthew.

Matthew 9:21-22
For she said within herself, if I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Living by faith is a way of life.

Life is living by faith.

Faith is believing.


Chrissy Siggee

Scripture Verses used are from the King James Version of the Bible

Chrissy Siggee is the author of 'Glimpses of His Glory', a collection of her poetry, devotions, pencil illustrations and nature photos. - SORRY - SOLD OUT! 
Chrissy is also the author of the teen novel 'Out of the Shadows - Jenna's Secret.' http://chrissysiggee.com/shadows/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print