Touched by the Master's Hand
by Allen Scott

Insight for your "Journey across the Sky"
A View from the Nest www.eagleviews.org

Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence. 18God has done all this. He has restored our relationship with him through Christ, and has given us this ministry of restoring relationships. 2 Cor 5:17-18 (GW)

To me it was just and old car but to a real enthusiast it was a classic, bright yellow, Mercury Montego with black vinyl seats, power windows and door locks. A real collectors item priced at over $5000 and he thought it was a good price.

I value a vehicle based on its usefulness as a means of conveyance, George on the other hand values each CLASSIC automobile on its collector's appeal. I suppose it would depend on one's perspective as to what value to place upon any given car. To George you say 1974 Camero and he is thinking how much he could make on it as a classic car. I am thinking golly gee I am not sure I want a lead sled to drive to work in, especially at the price of gas. George's bright green, 1970 Ford Pick-up truck is a showpiece to him, but for me it is just an old truck. To think I used to have one way back in the day.

I would much rather have a newer Dodge Caravan with leather bucket seats and tinted windows with power doors, windows and seats than an old 1965 Ford Fairlain even if it does have a HUGE trunk.

George has always loved cars. Even as a child in high school he excelled in auto shop and body shop. He even won second place in a national auto body competition beaten only by a senior tech student who was 20 years his senior. I admire anyone who can do mechanical work because I have not been gifted with that ability. I am sure during my lifetime I have helped put many a child through college with all the money I had to pay to a service garage to get my cars repaired because of my lack of mechanical ability. But to George getting oil under his fingernails is a joy and a delight. I have seen his face when he towed in yet another OLD car he had found to salvage. After George works his magic that old car is turned into a true classic worth far more than the price he paid for it. It is a labor of love for George, for me I just stand in amazement that anyone would spend so much time and energy on an old bucket of bolts.

Many a life has been battered and scarred along the highways of life. Many a weary traveler has been left along the wayside broken down by the burdens they bear. Many a life has been shattered from collisions with obstacles too big to move. Many journeys have ended on the refuse pile where they rust and decay from disinterest and abuse.

Men like George have a great love for all things classic and spend untold hours and thousands of dollars to restore these relics of the past. Jesus, like George, specializes in restoration as well. Unlike a classic car, a broken life requires far more than a new paint job and a few new parts. To restore a broken life the Lord needs to remake the whole thing over again. When we allow God to take over our broken ruined lives he gives back to us not a reworked classic but a whole new creation. Everything is made brand new, we are given a fresh start, we have an opportunity for a do over.

For God restoring a lost soul is a labor of love as well. God spent every last drop of Jesus' blood to pay for the title to our lives. If we turn our lives over to his craftsmanship, when He gets done he leaves behind a masterpiece worth far more than before. Once we have been touched by the master's hand we can never be the same again.

I have visited my share of classic car shows and as I strolled through the rows and rows of classics I think back to those days when these classics where-new. I have to admit that many of these classic cars are far more attractive today, after their loving restoration, then they were when they were new.

As I visit the church house and pass through rows and rows of restored souls touched by the hand of God. When I listen to their testimonies these classic saints admit their latter life in Christ is far more glorious than their former lives. These classics have been restored. And yes they, like me, are far more attractive today, after our restorations, then we were before. Thanks be to God!

But those who are waiting for the Lord will have new strength; they will get wings like eagles: running, they will not be tired, and walking, they will have no weariness. Isaiah 40:31 (BBE)

http://eagleviews.org 

Random ramblings from your resident birdbrain. Waxing eloquent on things that I find interesting along the flight path. Spreading bird droppings along your spiritual pathways.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print