Drips and Puddles
by Jounda LaMance

Drips and Puddles

Proverbs 8:34
Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the post of my doors.

I became aware of the value of water when I moved to an area where there was a shortage. Suddenly small drips became significant. It seems I had traveled through life not giving much thought to the small drips. Id never lived in a place where water could actually run out and took it for granted. Even the puddles created by the small drips seemed irrelevant.

One day I was forced to walk through a rather large puddle created by a dripping faucet outside next to the well. I was sickened at the waste which had been a result of carelessness. Someone had failed to turn the faucet completely off, and the small drip turned into a large puddle. As I looked at the water I couldnt help but think about the many people who lived around me who do not have access to water- - and wed just wasted more than we should have.

Of course the thought process hasnt stopped with the wasted water. I managed to compare the small drip to the small things that creep into my life. They seem minor and insignificant, but if allowed to go on, I get puddles of waste.

For instance this morning it may seem like no big deal if I dont spend quiet time with God. Surely He understands I am busy and I slept late. He knows I will catch up with Him later. Its only a small drip until days later Ive allowed myself to fall into a pattern of getting up and beginning my day without my quiet time, without acknowledging my Creator!

This is just one example that I recognize in my life that can cause big problems for me. Think about your life for a moment, are there things that could be related to the small drips? Do you find yourself walking around puddles of waste?

It is a good thing to take inventory on a regular basis. Walk around the corridors of your heart and check for drips.

Small drips that seem insignificant can turn into big puddles.

Dear God of heaven and earth! How marvelous is Your name today! We would like to thank You Lord for Your longsuffering towards us. Thank You for not giving up on us when we create puddles of waste! Help us Lord to take inventory of our hearts and lives! We ask that You shine Your light into the corridors the deepest recesses of our hearts and reveal to us any small drips we have failed to notice! We dont want puddles of waste but rather springs of living water flowing from the very depths of our being!

Thank You Father
In Your Mighty Name we pray, AMEN

Jounda LaMance September 22, 2006

My inspiration for writing is fueled by the incredible love I experience from our Lord.  II Corinthians 1:4 (The Message) He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print