Wake Up and Take Responsibility For Your Marriage
by Angie Lewis

Lets suppose that God created you. If God created you then it would go without saying that you would want to get your answers and advice for your marriage from your Creator, right? But some of us dont do that. We dont follow the direction of Gods influence for our life and we experience major problems in our marriage because of it.

For an example, if I boss my husband around and tell him what to do, where am I getting my advice and answers? Certainly not from the word of God. I used to follow my own selfish desires and go after whatever I wanted. I didnt know I was doing anything wrong in my marriage. I was taught to be selfish even if I hurt others in the process. I was not being a responsible wife. I was only caring about myself. My error in thinking brought great misery to my marriage and strained it greatly. Thank God I found my way home.

Eve was not created by God to control and overpower Adam. On the contrary, Eve was made to be a helpmate (to serve) to her husband. Isnt that what helping is all about, serving? Eve didnt believe in what God said about eating from the Tree of Knowledge, and satan deceived her and she ate from it. Today, Adam and Eves everywhere are getting swindled and bewigged by satan. I was deceived too.

This is whats happening in marriages today. We arent doing what God has told us to do. Just like Adam and Eve, we are listening to and relying on the wrong support threshold for our marriage. This is important to know because until people start realizing this as the major problem within themselves and marriage, they will continue to follow their own selfish ways.

Is treating your husband with disrespect taking care of your responsibilities? Is cheating on your wife taking care of your responsibilities? Is rejecting your husband taking care of your responsibilities? Is disregarding the feelings of your wife taking care of your responsibilities? Is rebelling against God the right thing to do for your marriage? No! So why are you doing it?

Couples absolutely need to wake up and start taking responsibility for their marriage. It is not someone elses responsibility to make sure you are both getting the love and respect you deserve. It is not your wifes responsibility that you remain faithful. So why are you blaming your wife for your indiscretions? And it certainly is not the responsibility of your neighbor or your parents to support and love your wife, is it? It is not the responsibility of any state to separate a man and a woman from marriage. But we act as if it is! How can a state document divorce a husband and wife without Gods authority?

Wake up! Dont you think you are allowing too much outside advice influence what you do in your marriage? Be an adult and do what is right for you and the person you married. Why put the blame on those around you, instead look at yourself and see what you can do about it.

For an example, if a husband will not remain loyal in his marriage, what should he do? He should first look at himself and wonder why he is such a foolish man that he wont remain trustworthy to the woman he married and loved. A disloyal husband should not find any other reason of why he is unfaithful except through himself.

Couples make the mistake of thinking they have a bad marriage because of the person they married, but it has nothing to do with that. It has so much to do with the fact that you are not allowing God to direct your life. You havent humbled yourself to God or to your marriage.

Here is another example. If a wife will not allow her husband to lead the home and family on the foundations of God, what should she do? She should first look at herself and wonder why she is such a foolish woman that she wont let her husband provide, protect, and care for her the way he is supposed to. A controlling wife should not find any other reason of why she is bossy and domineering other than through herself.

It all comes down to knowing what your responsibilities are and acting on them with the right wisdom and care, thats all. The right wisdom will come from your Creator and the wrong wisdom will come from somewhere else. We need to be careful in our walk and discerning in wisdom. Not all wisdom that our ears hear will be from God. Dont let yourself remain deceived any longer. Wake up! And start taking responsibility for your marriage.

while evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. (2 Timothy 3:13 NIV)

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. (Titus 3:3 NIV)

Forgive Your Spouse of Adultery And Save Your Christian Marriage: http://youtu.be/snUGrD6Qh5k
Visit our marriage Healing Ministry: http://www.heavenministries.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print