Calling Fire from Heaven
by Yvette Nietzen

2 Kings 1:12 So Elijah answered and said to them, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men." And the fire of God came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty.(NKJ)


After many days of rain, the sun was finally shining and the weather was great . Being indoors for days, I was eager to get out of the house and do some yard work. I began to rake the leaves, pile them up and burn them later. As I was soaking in the sun and piling the leaves, I noticed that the original spot where we would usually burn our foliage, the ground was no longer barren. New grass was coming in.

I looked closer at the ground, and sure enough fresh blades of grass was growing. The blades had pushed through the burned ground. Once where there was fire, there is now new growth taking place.

How many times have we uttered the phrase, Send your fire Lord! But have you ever stopped to think that fire hurts? Once we allow the Lord to Send His Fireon our lives, pain begins to set in. Like the leaves that were piled up were of no use, we too have dead leaves in our lives that need burning.

Once the fire starts, we are then faced with challenges and sometimes a painful growth. While the fire of God may hurt as the stripping begins to take place, there is always new growth underneath. God never takes something away without replacing it with something better, we can be sure of that.

When was the last time you asked God to send His fire in your life, in your walk and in your ministry? Perhaps you need some fire in you marriage or a realtionship with a son or daugher. Let Him burn away the old, so that the new can come in fresh and strong.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print