King of Kings
by

Read Daniel 4:18-37

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. - Romans 12:3 (ESV)


Twelve months after receiving the interpretation of his dream, Nebuchadnezzar has not changed his ways. He is still talking about the great Babylon that he built by his mighty power and for the honor of his majesty. Failing to acknowledge God as the source of all power, God takes the kingdom from Nebuchadnezzar. His dream comes true as he is driven from the palace and eats grass like oxen. At the end of the appointed time, Nebuchadnezzar finally looks to heaven and his understanding is restored.

Now he blesses, praises, and honors the Most High God. He acknowledges that God's dominion is everlasting and that God does according to his will among the inhabitants of earth. Finally, he recognizes that God is King of kings and Nebuchadnezzar is not. He knows the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever he chooses. This was a hard lesson to learn.

Have we learned it, or do we still put ourselves on the throne of our lives?

God, we submit our total beings to you and your will. Amen.

Copyright 2008, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print