Do Not Fear
by

Read Daniel 5:17-31


Don't be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. - Matthew 10:28 (WEB)


In the fifth chapter of Daniel, we see Daniel once again demonstrating his courage. This time, he must give the king bad news, knowing the king could get very angry and have him thrown into prison or into the lions' den.

Daniel recounts to the king the history of Babylon and points out that King Belshazzar has set himself against God. Then, he interprets the writing on the wall. He tells Belshazzar that God has ended his kingdom and given it to the Medes and Persians. This is very bad news for Belshazzar, but Daniel tells him everything, and the king rewards him.

Why was Daniel so courageous? God had proven his faithfulness to Daniel through his years in Babylon. Daniel knew God would not fail to protect him now. As Daniel lived out his faith, it became stronger. God's faithfulness through the years emboldened Daniel, for he knew that God would always be with him. More than a dozen times in the books of the Law God tells the people not to fear. Daniel got the message. Have we?

O Lord, help us to be courageous in doing your will, for you did not give us a spirit of timidity. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.


Copyright 2008, Star Ferdinand.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print