Contentment
by

Read Philippians 4:10-13

"A lightning strike took out the electricity in the neighborhood." That was not what we were expecting to hear after driving several hours from San Antonio, Texas, to Monterrey, Mexico. We moved the class for the younger children to a room with windows and moved the class for the older children out to the sidewalk.

I did not need to understand Spanish to know the people were not complaining about the lack of air-conditioning, a sound system, or lights. They were smiling and eagerly welcoming us, appreciative of our coming to conduct special classes for them.

As I walked around to take a few pictures of the classes, I wondered how people at home would have reacted. We are so dependent on such conveniences as electricity that we sometimes think we can't get by without them, yet these people did not seem to notice anything was missing.

The next time something unexpected happens, we can follow the example of the Apostle Paul and our Mexican friends and find a way to complete the task in a way that honors God.

Heavenly Father, please help us to be content in our circumstances and to look beyond them to find the path you want us to follow. Amen.


Copyright 2008, Star Ferdinand. All Rights Reserved.

Star Ferdinand is the author of The Prayerful Bible Study Series of study guides, numerous devotionals, and other Christian writings. You can read more of her writings at starferdinand.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print