The Lily of the Valley
by Linda Lariscy

The Lily of the Valley

Troubled times in your life may provoke you to question where God is. Your intimate walk with Christ remains unbroken through heartache and suffering when you understand that Jesus is always with you. Remaining radiantly in love with Christ in spite of heart-wrenching circumstances is a mighty witness to both unbelievers and believers alike. Your faith and serenity in the midst of turbulent times speaks of the reality of Christ in your life. The circumstances of your life should not dictate your spiritual condition. Christ remains in you always and whatever state you find yourself you abide blessed.

In times of trial Christ touches a deeper place within you with His grace. He desires to perfect you and refine you from within. No matter where you are in Christ He desires for you to go deeper in Him. The depths of Christ are unfathomable. Christ goes down to His garden to gather His lilies. You are His garden. He is watching over you. He looks at your growth and takes pleasure in your maturity. The lily is known for its beauty and sweet fragrance. Lilies grow on the valley bottoms. They are slow growing but once they take root they spread in abundance. This flower is capable of growing in the shade as well as the bright sun. It will grow in both dry and moist soil. The valleys of your life are rife with challenges to overcome. The difficult days and the hard times come to develop patience in you. Patience, your tenacity to hold on to hope, is your means to possess your emotional well-being.

Deep in the valley is where you grow more in love with Christ. You love Him more because He reveals to you a side of Himself that you did not know before. Times of sorrow prove best His compassion. Sorrow interrupts your life to awaken your soul to your moment by moment need of Him. His plan is to keep you as a green leaf in the midst of drought. In spite of the emotional wreckage within the valley you are still fruitful, vibrant, and very much alive. As you near the end of your mortal life, you will see that you grew most in times of challenge and hardship.

Remember you are under the watchful care of a master gardener who knows how to perfect you. Christ knows when a tiny sparrow falls from a tree. Surely you realize He sees both your downfalls and uprisings.

2 My lover has gone down to his garden, to the beds of spices, to browse in the gardens and to gather lilies. 3 I am my lover's and my lover is mine; he browses among the lilies. Song of Solomon 6:2-3

Linda Lariscy is the founder of Holding Forth the Word of Life Ministries of Wrens, Georgia, an apostolic/leadership equipping center for the saints.  Please visit her website at www.hfwlministry.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print