GROWTH IN GRACE
by

Hebrews 5:12-15
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Norm and I didnt have the opportunity to visit our grandchildren these holidays but with the power of technology, we had the enjoyable pleasure of spending time seeing and chatting with them with the use of our webcam on Christmas Day. How they have grown in a few short months! Babies are a delight but how sad it would be if, in ten years time, they were still babies.

Likewise, its great to see a church full of young Christians and its exciting to see them grow and mature in His grace. We need to keep encouraging the young Christians to grow. We need to stress the basics of the gospel, which is salvation through the death and resurrection of Christ and by Gods grace we are saved, not with payment or cause.

However, there is a lot more to learn in Gods word beside the basics, and its sad when someone who has been a Christian for a long time knows nothing but the simple gospel. They need to be able to overcome the spiritual attacks that try to pull their faith from them. College, work associates and unbelieving families can all easily influence the young Christians away from the grace that has saved them.

Even older Christians need to grow. We can never outgrow the need to grow. The writer of Hebrews tells us that we need to remain in His truth:

Hebrews 10:25-27
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Father, help us to continue in your word that we may grow in truth and wisdom. Teach us how to stand firm in our faith as we grow and learn in your grace. Amen.

Chrissy Siggee

Scripture Verses used are from the King James Version of the Bible

Chrissy Siggee is the author of 'Glimpses of His Glory', a collection of her poetry, devotions, pencil illustrations and nature photos. - SORRY - SOLD OUT! 
Chrissy is also the author of the teen novel 'Out of the Shadows - Jenna's Secret.' http://chrissysiggee.com/shadows/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print