My 'News' Are In His Hands
by Teresa Lee Rainey

Ah, the holiday season is behind us and a new year has begun. I, for one, am knee-deep in Christmas clutter that must now be either disassembled or assembled, played with or packed away, until next December when it will be pulled back out of storage to be assembled once again.

This is not the way I envisioned starting the New Year.

Where did the days of youth go? You know, when all the New Year meant was trying to think of some silly resolution that I would keep at least through January. I would dance along with time; no worries to consider.

It seems that time keeps a faster beat now that I am older and have responsibilities. I struggle keeping step to this increased rhythm. One year comes and goes, and another cuts right in and takes over.

Before this year starts bee-bopping past too quickly, I would really like to sit down, take a break amidst my clutter and reflect on the steps God has led me through this past year. Have I made any progress as I've struggled to keep up with time? Have I appeared to move gracefully in the steps God has laid out for me?

I wonder, how can I even begin to know if I have been stepping in the right direction?

Psalm 37:23-26 (KJV) tells me that, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighted in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord uphold him with his hand. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed."

The past year held many new steps for me. I have come to realize that my family will never cease to step in some new direction with each passing year. I have chosen to continue trusting that God has lead us in His steps.

At times it has seemed as though I would be overwhelmed with all the "news" to endure. Still, overall there have been more moments of delight than feelings of defeat. The Lord has mercifully held me up and I do feel blessed.

As I stand and begin packing away our Christmas clutter once again, the "news" of last year slide into steps of delightful old memories. I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV), "Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Last year did pass by so quickly, and a new year has stepped in its place. It is time to put away the old and bring on a new set of "news". The future steps this year holds suddenly look a lot easier.

This year, instead of a New Year's resolution, I am going to start by letting God lead. He is much better at keeping step with time than I could ever be. Maybe He will even guide this old girl through a brand new groove as I put my trust in Him.

"In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defense to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." (Psalms 31:1-3 KJV)

Teresa Lee Rainey is a wife and mom who enjoys writing in her spare time.  It is her desire to write for the honor of Jesus Christ and she humbly prays that those who read her writings will be able to see God's hand at work in them.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print