New Beginning or New Resolution? Your Choice
by Fenny West

Friends, we've entered a New Year and it is by the grace of God. And we should all be grateful for it. It is because of His goodness and compassion that we are not consumed. Many wished they saw 2009 but they are dead and gone. For those who do not know Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour, they are dead and gone to a Christless eternity- forever separated from God, in hell. The torment in hell begins if anyone dies without Christ.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment (Heb.9:27 )

Have you given it a serious thought this year or are you thinking of making a New Resolution again this year like you did last year and failed? You see, the word of God says that we inherited faulty genes from Adam. We all have the Adamic nature. You may say, 'What does that mean?' For instance, if you put a dent on a baking tray and use it to bake, any cake that is baked thereafter using that tray would have that dent. You might reason: 'So what? '. Well, that is why we ALL are weak when we struggle on our own to be better. We have that dent (a fault or weakness, or sinful nature), handed down by Adam. Only in Christ are we made whole again.

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned (Rom 5:12)

Paul said, 'the things that I want to do I do not, but the things that I don't want to do, that I do. And so if I want to do the things I don't want to do and do not do the things I want to there is I war within in me. It is sin that dwells in me that overpowers me. He concluded: 'O wretched man that I am. Who will deliver me from this bondage? The answer was: 'Christ Jesus our Lord'. (Rom.7:15-25)

Romans 7:15-25 (New King James Version)
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank Godthrough Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (Rom.7:15-25)

Only Christ can deliver us from the sinful nature. By grace are we saved and that through faith not of works lest any man should boast. All our righteousness is like filthy rags before God.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. ( Ephe2:8-9)
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isa 66:4)

God has spared your life till 2009 for a purpose.
Forget the New Year resolutions and come for a new beginning .Forget about turning a new leaf, come for a brand new life in Christ The word of God says:


28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matt. 11:28-30

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.2 Cor5:17

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: John1:12


God loves and cares for you and has sent me to you at the beginning of this year
Religion or good works will not save you only Jesus can save. Listen to what He said to Nicodemus, a religious ruler:
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John3:3
While it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Ps95:8, Heb3:.8,15, -:4:7

It's time for a New Life, not a New Resolution. Choose New life and Live!

Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print