Jesus The Big Loser
by Annie Glasel

My Lord Jesus is a loser. Let me count the ways.

1. His mother was an unwed teenager.
2. His stepfather was a poor carpenter.
3. He had no education.
4. He never had any money. He didn't own any property. He didn't plan for retirement and He died penniless.
5. He didn't have a wife or any sons.
6. He was rejected by his hometown.
7. He helped people who then reviled him.
8. He started with a large following of thousands, ended up with 12.
9. One of his 12 "friends" betrayed him; the other eleven abandoned him at his hour of most need.
10. He never had a real job with a title in a company.
11. He was tried for a crime he did not commit and found guilty.
12. He died a painful, shameful criminal's death and no one came to his defense or rescue. Not even God.
13. Even today, His teachings are rejected or mocked by most of the world.
14. Finally, 100% of his followers are sinners. Some of them are embarrassments to the name of Jesus while others are just mean and hateful.

Yes, that's right. If you were to look at Lord Jesus through the world's view, He would be a big loser.

Today, as I look down upon my own measly achievements as a college-graduate, a mother, a wife, and a once-upon-a-time-contender, I feel like a big loser. Let me re-phrase that, I am a big loser -- according to the world's standard.

At least I am in good company, with Jesus.

I don't need education, money, career or even a good attitude to be in Jesus' good company. To be counted a success in His eyes, I need not achieve, compete nor even be good at anything.

All He asks of me is to love him as much as I can, AFTER He's loved me and showed himself true.

I find this amazing. Jesus is the King of kings, Lord of lords, maker of heaven and earth, the great I Am. I can be the biggest over-educated under-achiever of all time and still be loved by Him. Better yet, I can be so unworthy and yet still be called His friend.

That in itself is reason enough to shout "Praise the Lord!" Even for a "loser" like me.

I've written to ease my pain; I've written to hear my voice; I've written for vanity; I've written for sanity; I've written for fun; I've written for laughs; I've written for me; I've written for money. But until I write for God, this talent is for naught.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print