WILL YOU BELIEVE?
by

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I grew up in a Christian home and witnessed many answered prayers and God-orchestrated incidents regularly so perhaps believing was easy for me. I accepted Christ as my own personal Saviour and Lord at the age of six. I've been told it would be impossible for me to remember, but I do. I don't remember every word spoken by the preacher, but I remember the powerful impact they had on me. I also remember the hymn that was sung by the choir. It still echoes in my head, even as I type this memory.

In my early to mid teens, I couldn't understand why my friends wouldn't believe there was a God who created all things. The beauty of nature has always left me breathless and I suppose that's why so many of my poems reflect my love for creation. I couldn't understand why they laughed at me when I told them about Jesus.

In my late teens and early twenties, I worked with younger teens and again, I was mystified by the lack of faith I witnessed. I once invited a guest pastor to a weekly youth meeting. He was very wise for his age and I was pleased he was because a small street gang came to that meeting. They were a little disruptive but mostly they were just being who they were and behaving the only way they knew how. When the speaker gave the invitation to seek Christ as their Lord, the smirks started. The response by this young pastor has stayed with me all these years and I've used his words once or twice in similar situations.

He said: "Consider for just a moment where you would spend eternity if you were to leave here tonight and be hit by a car or bus, or if another gang attacked and killed you on your way home. If you're not a believer, allow yourself to ponder for a few minutes that if it was true, then what? And if you still don't believe, I'll accept it."

Three of those gang members accepted Jesus that night.

I leave you with the words of that young pastor. "If you're not a believer, allow yourself to ponder for a few minutes that if it was true, then what? And if you still don't believe, I'll accept it."

Where will you spend eternity?

Will you believe?

John 12:46
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.


Chrissy Siggee

Scripture Verses used are from the King James Version of the Bible

Chrissy Siggee is the author of 'Glimpses of His Glory', a collection of her poetry, devotions, pencil illustrations and nature photos. - SORRY - SOLD OUT! 
Chrissy is also the author of the teen novel 'Out of the Shadows - Jenna's Secret.' http://chrissysiggee.com/shadows/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print