Our Foundation is in the Lord
by Yvette Nietzen

1 Corinthians 3:11-13 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each ones work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each ones work, of what sort it is.

During these difficult economic times that many are facing, it is not uncommon to read stories of wealthy people committing suicide. It is so tragic that these things happen. Suicide affects families, communities and everything else that the person has left behind.

While many of us are going through trying times, it is comforting to me to know that to everything there is a season. Winter does not last forever, and it too shall pass.

Are believers exempt from financial crisis, difficulties and bankruptcy? No, not at all. But what we do have, or at least should have during these times is a sure foundation, and that foundation being Jesus Christ.

There are many verses in the Bible regarding our foundation, and I am sure you may know some of them, One popular verse is 1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.(NKJ)

We are to take heed how we build our foundation. But how do we build the right foundation?' The answer is simple. We read the word, attend church, fellowship with others of the faith, and our foundation in Christ becomes stronger over time.

There are many foundations out there. Most of them rely on your own ability and willpower to succeed. We rely on Jesus and his ability, not ours. Did you know that when we build our foundation on the rock, that we are blessed?

Read it for yourself in this verse: Haggai 2:18-19 'Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the LORD'S temple was laid consider it: 'Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day forward I will bless you.'"(NKJ)

From the day we start to build proper spiritual foundation, God will bless us . What a wonderful promise!

Does that mean we will not go through difficult time? No, not at all. But rest assured, since our foundation is built on Christ, we will stand and not be shaken by the things around us.

When the fire comes and burns everything around us, we shake off the dust and get back on our feet. It is then we will find out what we are made of, and obtain obtain spiritual maturity.

Blessings in Him.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print