Winter Light Brightens the Path by Peter Menkin
by Peter Menkin

could format this poem another way on this site, I would do so. I've been told it is difficult to read with the sentence fragments, and the punctuation. I've tried to help it along. You may know, my father was a radio and television writer. He wrote dialogue, and camera shots, and all kinds of things. In all he wrote, I think he wrote fragments at least 90 percent of the time. So for me it has been catching, or inherited, to write fragments. I think you will find the poem readable. Let me know if you like it. Merry Christmas to all.

This aspiring poet looks for poems that speak to the Christmas season, and as I post this work I note that many of my Christmastime poems speak of peace, light, "The pilgrim witness to Yes." I hope you as reader find this poem, written in 2006 as Christmas day is awaited as alive as that part of the season was then and remains today.

By Peter Menkin


On Day Ten Winter sunlight
brightens the path.
Seek peace in knowledge.
He is with us, midmorning light.
The pilgrim witness to Yes.

Creation-beauty, You in Godhead
are indivisible Triune starry night before.
Soothing friendly good earth.

Perfect man, perfect God walk with us.
Reminder, ever the sound of love: gift.
Twelve days, festival time of sacred: holiday.

This is the way, where He is with us.
The days.
Day ten midmorning walk revealing the white light.
Angels witness to Yes.


Audio reading of the poem by the poet is here:
http://www.archive.org/details/WinterLightBrightensThePathByPeterMenkin

Peter Menkin, an aspiring poet, lives in Mill Valley, CA USA where he writes poetry. He is an Oblate of Immaculate Heart Hermitage, Big Sur, CA and that means he is a Camaldoli Benedictine. He is 64 years of age as of 2010.

Copyright Peter Menkin

http://www.petermenkin.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print