Summertime Talk in Color and Sound by Peter Menkin
by Peter Menkin

Summertime Conversation in Friendship

What's this poem (?), but a conversation in summertime with experimental sentences and the idea of friendship. Yes, that's it. A poem that shows friendship, and says a little bit about conversation. I hope you find it amusing. I wrote it in 2001, and this is it from six years ago.

An admirer who read it admiringly on a poetry board then, wrote: "I admire how you mingle speech and the sharing relationship of conversation with natural elements within this piece, Peter. Surely a few more deep shades of green wouldn't hurt though?" I said I would help it along, but still no revise.




by Peter Menkin

Speaking words that come out color,
visible
as in round circle of blue
like the clear Caribbean sea
this
summertime conversation
spoken against the clouded sky;
words about our lives
held together by sunset,
light
changing the green trees
ours
tall challenge at days end
during friendly conversations
dimensions
radiant orange enlarging
between a man and woman.
To blend with the white sky
we speak admitting mortality.

Audio reading by the poet is here:

http://www.archive.org/details/SummertimeTalkInColorAndSoundByPeterMenkin



Note by the poet: Peter Menkin has been writing poetry since 1999. At the age of 61 (62 in October 2008), Peter's been published in a few small magazines: Ruah, which is a Dominican magazine of theology and philosophy out of Berkeley, CA USA, Westward Quarterly, who has published poems a number of times, and a few others.

Peter Menkin, an aspiring poet, lives in Mill Valley, CA USA where he writes poetry. He is an Oblate of Immaculate Heart Hermitage, Big Sur, CA and that means he is a Camaldoli Benedictine. He is 64 years of age as of 2010.

Copyright Peter Menkin

http://www.petermenkin.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print