Too Heavy to Carry
by Mary Lou Cook

Throughout the year I travel a great deal by air. Because of the heaviness of my Bible it's packed away in the suitcase. In my carry on bag is a lighter devotional book that I take along for the times stuck in an airplane or an airport. I enjoy reading the devotional book, but it isn't the same. My Bible with its marked pages and worn-out binding, with its familiarity is what I miss.

As I sit in the plane on the tarmac waiting on mechanical difficuly or a computer glitch to be fixed I think of my Bible stuck in the hole. My thoughts turn to how one claims the title of a Christian doesn't want to carry the heaviness of God's word. These words held in the pages of one's Bible as an instructional manual for travels throughout life. It's easier for one to carry around the lighter things of one's faith. It's easier to ignore the dirty jokes and the words that offend our Father, than to stand up for Him. It's easy to admit our love for a favorite sports team, than to admit our love for Jesus.

This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in words. Corinthians 2:13

Mary Lou is a full time writer who lives in south central Florida. She is a published writer who writes short stories and devotionals.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print