Surprise Visitor
by Kathie Thomas

You just never know who youre going to meet!

This evening I had a lady turn up at my doorstep. She was wanting a resume typed. I felt annoyed - I had no idea who she was and her English wasnt very clear. She explained that someone called Claire had given her my address and told her Id do the resume for her - and all for $5.00! I felt even more annoyed. I didnt know who Claire was and couldnt remember her but telling this lady she could just rock up at my doorstep, unannounced and then giving a rate that was totally inaccurate certainly didnt endear her to me.

I explained to the lady that normally people ring for an appointment and that what she was asking for meant I needed to retype her whole resume and then add the extras - I couldnt just add the paper to the printer and fit in what she wanted. I gave her the price and asked her when she needed it. 10am tomorrow morning she has an interview in the city so that means she needs to get here early to pick it up. Great! That means I have to do the job tonight. I guess she could tell I wasnt overly happy and was apologetic. I calmed down and told her it wasnt her fault - shed been given incorrect information. I told her Id get the job done tonight and she needs to be back here at 8am to pick the work up. I gave her my business card and ushered her towards the front door.

She turned over my card and on the back, under the list of services, is a fish symbol. She stopped in her tracks, her face lit up and she announced youre born again! Her face was just one big massive smile. Turns out shes a Christian, working in an hospital environment and not able to get to the one church on a regular basis. But shes loved Jesus for the past 14 years. She asked about my church, where it was, how often it met.

Tomorrow morning when she comes back, Ill give her one of our card invites to our Carols presentation the week after next.

I felt guilty after she left - I shouldnt have responded the way I did initially but I did feel rather put out. I dont mind the work - I just like to know someone is coming to my home as I dont freely give out my address. And yet, God was using this opportunity to help connect this woman to a home (church) of believers - as I believe thats what was actually occuring. Im sure Ill see her at my church very soon. Very Happy.

Mother of 5, wife to Graham, Kathie is a published author of 4 how-to books, many magazine articles, both for business and Christian magazines, and has several articles in printed books by other writers.

http://www.kathiethomas.com/writer.htm

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print