What Are Good Personal Habits To Have: Developing a Positive Attitude
by Lorene Troyer

What are good personal habits to have that will help you be successful in your Christian life? Some people believe that success comes from working hard or going to church every Sunday. These things are important but Proverbs 23:7 says as a man (or woman) thinketh in his heart, so is he.

The quality of your life is determined by your thoughts. An important habit for success is to spend as much time as possible focusing on what you want rather than on the negative circumstances around you. Here are some ways to keep your thoughts optimistic:

1. Speak positive, faith-filled words concerning every area in your life. You will have lots of opportunities to be negative but make the decision to look at life through the eyes of faith.
2. Create a vision board of what you want your life to be like and look at it every day. Use words, images and photos to describe the vision you have for your life. Don't be afraid to dream big-but be willing to change if you sense that your dream life is not the one God has for you.
3. Write down your life goals and read through them regularly. You may want to place your goals where you can see them throughout the day-on the bathroom mirror, the fridge or the dashboard of your car.
4. Read good motivational and self-improvement books for at least 20 minutes a day.
5. Meditate on scripture every day. The Bible is full of great promises for the child of God-read it, study it, speak it-it'll change your life.
6. Consistently listen to good faith building messages or Christian based success recordings. Invest in a portable audio player and make good use of the time you spend driving in your car or working around your home.
7. Minimize your contact with negative people or people who are prone to gossip. When you are around them, be quick to change the subject when they start talking about things that are not edifying.

One of the most important success habits you can have is to keep your mind filled with positive thoughts. Use these practical suggestions and make a conscious effort to stay focused on the right things.

http://gift-ideas-4u.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print