RESOLUTIONS RELATIONSHIPS - RESULTS
by Patricia Sprague

January is over! It went very fast, as a vapor, like the Bible says. Now, that the first month is over, I have reflected on my resolutions. Did you keep your resolutions? I have to confess, yes and no. Resolutions are good to make, no matter what time of the year. I need to make them every day, every month and every year. Let's see what the word
resolution means.

"Act, purpose, or process of resolving; intention: firmness: solution".
From the Latin word," resolvere, resolutum, to unite."
(Webster's Encyclopedia of Dictionaries New American Edition)

It is excellent thing for me to process, and determine to work out, the many problems I face every day and come to a solution for them. Determining to do something about a problem is a beginning, creating a foundation for results.

I have come to the conclusion that relationships should be the absolute main priority in my life.

What does the word relationship mean?
It is a noun and the root word is Latin, " referre, relatum, "to bring back".

The word relation is a noun and means, "telling".

Relations means: " dealings between persons or nations; connection between things; kindred; connection by consanguinity or affinity; a relative."
(Webster's Encyclopedia of Dictionaries New American Edition)

Who are my relationships? Who is my neighbor? Jesus spoke about this question in Luke 10:29-37. As I look at that example and the meaning of the word, it is anyone and everyone that God has put into my life.

The meaning of the word: results: the root word is from the Latin," resultare, to
leap back."(v.i. verb intransitive) to follow, as a consequence; to issue (in); to terminate; (noun) issue; effect; outcome; answer to a calculation ; (adjective) following as a result
(Webster's Encyclopedia of Dictionaries New American Edition)

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you'll accept no excuses, only results." (Author unknown)

Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask You for Your help in my relationships each and every day. Lord, only You know who You will place in my path today. I truly want to be a blessing to each and every one. Help me Lord to resolve to say the right things at the right moment in the right way. That can only be done through Your wisdom and Your grace. Help me Lord to keep this commitment: that my ultimate priority each and every day will be to cultivate, encourage and nurture relationships. Help me Lord to do my part and leave the results to You.

In the name of Jesus, who is my Lord and Savior

I enjoy being a devoted wife, a stay at home mom, a proud grandmother and a freelance writer. My desire through my writings is to encourage and motivate others to see God in every aspect of their life and to live according to His purpose and plan for them. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print