Get your Jesus at 50% off!
by Justin Thomley

What! This has got to be very upsetting for our Lord. I am so tired of seeing my Lord being sold on television and behind the pulpit for a bargain basement price! This has got to stop! Jesus if free! His word to us, our healing's, our salvation, his gift's, his riche's in us and his fruit's from the Spirit. All free! Jesus said,"Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give,(Matthew 10:8). There is no price on Jesus or his word in our life's. It is free! So why do you charge people for these things, tickling their ears to give unto you? Since we have received it freely, we are commanded to give it freely. Not stand in front of a camera and use extortion for your gain, "supposing that gain is Godliness: from such withdraw thyself",(1 Timothy 6:5). Teaching people that if you want salvation and if you need healing in your life, then get on the phone and sow your $300.00 seed right now and God will give you these things in your life. These men and women distort (corrupt the true meaning of) God's word. Some of the biggest names in ministry are guilty of this very despicable act. "They have erred from the faith and pierced themselves with many arrows",(1 Timothy 6:10). Let me just say this: that we are to give our tithes and offerings unto the Lord's storehouse which is the ministry of God's gospel,(Malachi 3:10). Are we to give it to those who only use it for their prosperity gain and not that which is giving to the poor, feeding the hungry, clothing for the naked and the spreading of God's word and not just the topics on prosperity and money? NO! God's storehouse has become a marketplace, a den of thieves,(Matthew 21:13). Everytime you turn on the television, you will see in God's house, something being sold. For a price. When in fact all you have to do is open his word and he will give you knowledge and wisdom of every aspect concerning your life, (James 1:5-7). But why do that when you can sell a book for $9.99 at 500,000 copy's and make $4,995,000 for your ministry? Which is enough to feed every living being on this earth for awhile. Think about that! Of how many ministries out there that are making this kind of money and yet there is great poverty and hunger in this world. That alone is wrong! We are to give all that we have outside of our necessities unto the poor,(Matthew 19:21). Not go and buy a $20,000,000 jet, a multi-million dollar home in the Hampton's, suits from $5-$18,000 a piece and three cars ranging from $75,000 to $160,000 a piece. How much food and clothing this would provide if sold and given unto the poor! On top of all of this that has been gained through extortion, they write it all off as a non-profit tax deduction and receive a great amount back into the ministry. Saints of God, this is wrong! They are the Scribes and Pharisees (ministers of God in Jesus' days) of today; that Jesus was speaking too when he said,"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess". These are those who you see proclaiming holiness on the outside and yet are in love with a god called mammon on the inside! You! Yes you, cannot serve God with all your heart and serve the god of mammon, which is in the Greek (wealth, riches and possessions) at the same time,(Matthews 6:24). When Jesus was tempted by satan of all the things in this world, the powers, possessions, ect..., Jesus showed us here that it is a god, by saying; "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only". Do you see the flip side to that? It is such shame that our Lord is being sold in such a way that discredits his whole purpose of even coming to this earth! He did not come to give us earthly riches for our gain; but spiritual riches that are laid up for all eternity, through "his grace", that we may be rich,(2 Corinthians 8:9). What are the manifestations of "his grace"? They are peace, understanding of all things, joy, faith, humbled spirit-ness, love, patients and the servant-hood of mankind. For there is no price on such possessions. Jesus left his Kingly position and all it's majestic splendor, to become a servant unto man. Lifting us up through "his poverty" (humble servant-hood); so "that you through his poverty might be rich". This is not for ministers to use as sells tactics for financial gain! We are as brothers and sisters in Christ commanded to have nothing to do with such in the body of Christ who are involved in the extortion business of God's word! "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat",(1 Corinthians 5:11). So please be aware of these wolves in sheep's clothing. They are out for worldly gain and possessions. Saying anything regarding scriptures for their gain. Promising this and that unto you. When it is them who drive the $110,000 Bentley, not you! For if "the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just",(Proverbs 13:22); then how can the "just"minister, gain all his wealth from the "just"audiance? They have gained their riches and wealth from the "just" body of Christ, through extortion. And if so, they are to distribute it unto the poor!. So please use caution when giving your money to God's storehouse. Make sure when you give, that ministry is all about giving it to feed the poor, clothe the naked and all that pertains to charity. For in this, "You shall know them by their fruits they bare",(Matthew 7;16). For the most part the Kingdom of God is about faith, hope and charity, and the greatest is charity,(1 Corinthians 13:13). "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also",(Matthew 6:21). Pretty self-explanatory, don't you think? I'm not saying that we cannot have nice things from our Father; but I am saying that God is more concerned about your inner spiritual riches than he is of your earthly riches. Which we cannot take with us when we leave this world,(1 Timothy 6:7). And if we do have them; then give them unto those who are in need, with a cheerful heart. Let us give that which is purposed in our hearts to God,(2 Corinthians 9:7). Not because this man or woman said, you must sow this amount in order to receive. Stay away from such, follow your heart when giving and God will pour out his grace upon your life,(2 Corinthians 9:8). Remember what the manifestations of Grace are? Good! Because it is in those that you shall not only have your earthly needs met; but you shall be greatly rich in spirit as well! Seek after those things from God and not mammon!!! Rejoice in the riches God has for your life and not that of what a minister tells you that you will have, if you just give this and that amount unto their ministry. Please be careful of such and always watch and pray!(Matthew 26:41)

Your brother in Christ,

Apostle Justin Thomley
www.battleoffaith.org

Just a beleiver in the Lord Jesus Christ and all that he is!!!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print