Hussopos' Mission
by Jan Ross

It is written there is a time for every purpose under heaven.* To some, their time may be but a fleeting moment in all of eternity, but to Hussopos time evades the boundaries of seasons allotted to man.

Springing forth with life, he was fashioned to touch mans needs in a most unique way. From his first appearance in the garden of earths origin, Hussopos task was to grow strong for a purpose none other could fulfill.

Seasons of life faded like flowers of the field which flourished and were soon gone. However, Hussopos seed never failed, as if carefully guarded by cherubim reminiscent of those with flaming swords flashing back and forth guarding the gates of Eden.

Hussopos grew strong; his beauty surpassed that which the natural eyes could behold, standing out against the background of common. Nothing ordinary could fulfill his purpose. With handsome strength and fragrant splendor he was set apart, appointed and anointed to fulfill a purpose divine.

Arising from the depth of Egypts suffering, a voice reminiscent of the One Who called him forth from dry ground at the beginning of time spoke. Gather My servant Hussopos. He shall bear My symbol of freedom.

Hussopos drank deeply of the lambs sacrificial blood and brushed across the wooden doorposts led by chosen hands. Mesmerized by the wood wet with blood, whispered promises of deliverance stirred deep within him merely a shadow of things to come. Humbly giving himself to the task set before him, Hussopos built an altar of remembrance in his heart. Although his mission has been memorialized by divine ordinance to all generations since that day, he knew his work was not yet complete.

Hussopos was not a medical doctor but his healing virtue was instrumental in purifying lepers. He was often associated with ceremonial cleansings. Wise King Solomon hailed Hussopos beauty and worth as his fragrance and loveliness stirred the senses.

All of Jerusalem resounded with a perpetual reminder of his work in ages past while offering a glimpse of a task yet undone.

Crucify Him!

Out of the midst of the unruly crowd, the echoes of angry men, cursing and demanding blood from the Innocent Lamb, reverberated throughout the City.

Excited with destiny flowing through his veins, Hussopos knew his time had arrived. His entire existence pointed to this day a day like no other.

Hussopos watched with unbelief as they led His bloody battered form outside the gate.

"How could men be so cruel?"

Hussopos deep contemplation of what he witnessed was quickly interrupted. Powerful hands ripped him away from the security of the walls to which he clung. Angry fists clutched him and carried him off, heading toward Golgotha.

He gasped as he saw the Messiah he heard teach, the Healer who opened blind eyes He was hanging from a tree against the landscape of time.

The wood wet with blood brought to his memory a time many years before when he applied blood to the doorposts, the Creators symbol of freedom. Hussopos remembered the Psalmists melodious prayer, Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean**.

But now, there was no need for cleansing, no need for purifying! Searching for answers he considered all he had witnessed throughout the years.

"What is that? Have I been anointed with vinegar? WATER! Dip me in water and Ill quench His thirst! Or, dip me in blood and Ill set Him free!"

Hussopos looked deep in the eyes of Love as he was lifted up to the Saviors mouth. His sweet-smelling fragrance might have offered a moment of refreshing if it hadnt been for the pungent smell of vinegar.

Ever so gently, Hussopos caressed the lips of the Spotless Lamb whose blood soaked the crude wooden cross. What an honor bestowed on this chosen one!

Drops of precious blood mingled with his moistened blooms as he was lowered away from the Beloved Sacrifice and carelessly discarded.

"It is finished!

The Lambs words became his own as the precious blood continued to flow. There he lay at the foot of the cross Hussopos knew his mission was complete.

Springing forth with life, he was fashioned to touch mans needs in a most unique way. From his first appearance in the garden of earths origin, Hussopos grew strong for a purpose none other could fulfill.

To the Christian, Hussopos was the last to touch our Living Savior to the Greeks he was merely hyssop.




________
*Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV)
**Psalm 51:7 (KJV)
(c) Jan Ross 2006
Contact: [email protected]

Jan Ross, President and Co-Founder of Heart of God International Ministries, is a passionate and outspoken defender of the Word of Truth and the Great Commission. http://heartofgodinternational.com. For more devotional material by Jan, please take a moment to visit www.hgdevotions.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print