The Brook has Dried up
by Yvette Nietzen

1 Kings 17:7 -9 And it happened after a while that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land. Then the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you."(NKJ)

In the book of Kings, the prophet Elijah prophesies to King Ahab that their would be no rain in the land for three years. The Lord then leads Elijah to the Brook Cherith. Here, Elijah was fed by ravens, and had water to sustain him.

Because of the drought, the brook dries up and Elijah finds himself being directed by God to move again.

Have you ever been in a place where it is comfortable that you dont want to move? Here Elijah had water, shade and food was brought to him. Yet, it was time to get up and move onto something different.

In my life, I have had several drying brooks, but we often dont like change, do we. We enjoy our comfort zone and have a difficult time moving.

Sometimes our brook needs to dry up for us to move on. The brook could be looked at as a place where everything is nice and calm, and a routine has set it.

Perhaps God is nudging you to move on and do something different. When the brook dries up, it can only lead to something greater. When we move beyond the brook, we receive new revelation from the Lord. When Elijah left, it is then his ministry increased. He was able to call fire down from heaven to consume the false prophets.

Today, we dont really need to call fire down from heaven. We have the anointing and power from the holy Spirit that will lead us to to great and mighty things in His name.

So what say you, has your brook dried up? Is it time for you to move from the dry place into something spectacular?

Get up and get moving on your next phase of ministry.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print