Does God Get Angry?
by Dr.Arsenio Esteras, Jr

DOMINUS VOBISCUM!

"This is your farewell kiss, you dog!"

The preceding introductory quote is the most talked about remark of ire, dismay and distrust that currently hugs and hogs the limelight among most international media centers because of the shoes throwing incident that accompanied the expletive. It was an unsolicited remark of anger verbally hurled by an ordinary man on the face of the most powerful person in the world as of this time. It was an emotional outburst. It was not meant to kill. It was an expression or reprisal of resentment and indignation over a person whose executive act of invasion without just cause and in blatant defiance of a United Nations position all but ruined a country or a nation dubbed by international renowned historians as the "cradle of civilization". All civility got lost and dissipated with the smoke of destruction and hell-fire. The gory and gruesome aftermath was the horrifying full scale and never-before-seen atrocities committed by both sides against each other's people. The invasion was without a doubt a doubly demonic deed.

If a person like the intrepid Iraqi journalist who hurled the invective with a shoes throwing ritual can get angry, GOD in His divine justice can also get angry. The basic similarity between GOD and the young Iraqi journalist is such that both are persons. One is a human person and GOD is a divine Person upon whom the image and likeness of every human person is patterned at the Creation. That is a basic truth that must not be forgotten and ignored. If the courageous Iraqi journalist got hurt so bad, GOD can also get hurt so bad. Hurting GOD so bad was not only a crippling mistake. It was a very lethal miscue. Adam and Eve were transformed from the imperishable to the perishable, experiencing suffering and pain in heart and body until the inevitable demise from this earth. The Iraqi journalist did not hurt the most powerful man with whom He threw his pair of shoes. Even the smell originating from the shoes did not intoxicate the lameduck President even for a split second. He did not even sneeze.

Right off the bat, GOD the Creator exhibited the menace of His divine ire upon the persons created divine that deserted Him and upon the Tempter that duped and hog-washed the most loved persons GOD created. GOD the Creator, seething with divine anger, vented His menacing ire first upon the ancient serpent with a curse. So, the first curse that came out from the lips of the Creator was issued upon the ancient serpent. The ancient serpent was the first recipient of the curse of GOD immediately after winning over to its side the persons GOD created with His utmost love. The curse follows, verbatim:

"Since you have done that, be cursed among all the cattle and wild beasts! You will crawl on your belly and eat dust all the days of your life." (Genesis 3:14)

Pondering the wisdom of such utterance of divine anger, it follows that the ancient serpent was not eating dust and had limbs just like the persons that it duped before its successful recruitment of Adam and Eve from the dominion of GOD. It had the countenance of a serpent with limbs. GOD certainly is not stupid to curse an already limbless beast to crawl on its belly. He was not a fool to curse a beast that is already eating dust to eat dust. Satan, intelligent and crafty, will not use its belly for locomotion if it has limbs. It will not listen to the Creator to crawl on its belly if it has limbs because whatever GOD says it opposes. It had no choice but to crawl on its belly because the curse took away its limbs. The ancient serpent was not eating dust prior to its diabolic milestone of getting the persons created divine to its side and on its playing field. It could be eating voraciously with its upper limbs the forbidden fruit in front of the persons created divine while performing the sales talk or the sweet talk and then walking teasingly back and forth while savoring its poisonous fruit.

Walking on all four limbs and eating dust with just the oral orifice and possessing intelligence equal to or even better than a human person and performing such beastly act for all eternity is already a very disgraceful and unimaginable punishment. How much more disgraceful and unimaginable if the belly devoid of limbs is used for locomotion for all eternity by one with a mind equal to or even better than a genius of a human person? Remember it was satanic genius that made the persons created divine become human beings. GOD in His divine anger transformed Satan from a beast with limbs to a limbless beast. It was not only Adam and Eve who were cursed and transformed from divine to human and then to suffer and die a natural death. Satan was not spared. It was hit harder but was ignored or overlooked. It was perpetual misery or a foretaste of hell that GOD gave to the ancient serpent by transforming it to a limbless beast to crawl on its belly indefinitely and eat nothing but dust. Such is the irrevocable menace that GOD can do once the tipping point of His divine anger is provoked. Downplaying it could be very costly.

At the Creation, Adam and Eve defied the word of GOD and complied with the word of the ancient serpent. GOD the Creator got mad. They lost their divinity. They lost their immortality. They lost their right to Paradise. They were kicked out from their home by divine design. They were dumped to earth as tenants.

At the Visitation of GOD in the divine Person of OUR LORD JESUS CHRST, He also got angry. He got angry with a fruitless fig tree. He cursed it. It withered instantaneously in front of the very eyes of His chosen twelve.

While He mingled with humans in a glorious span of time, a group of individuals and not just two as in the beginning of time defied and toyed with His word. The group of individuals was known as the high profile and spiteful lot of the Scribes, Pharisees, Elders and High Priests and their blind and devout followers. They were extreme dissenters to His word because they focused on His terrestrial origin that was definitely inferior to them. He came from a marginalized sector of society with no terrestrial credentials to banner except miracles that no human person can perform or even come close to duplicating. Not only did they defy and ridicule His words, they looked down at Him with arrogance and scorn. That broke the camel's back. The Son of Man got peeved. He addressed them frontally "brood of serpents". That was the simple curse of extinction. Their fate was sealed. Logically, they can no longer be downgraded to human as what GOD did with Adam and Eve because they were already human. GOD knew right there and then they were heartless while He mingled and debated with them. Their hearts of stone can longer be softened. It was for them that GOD in His divine anger created Hell or Gehenna. His direct verbal reference to Hell relative to them in the gospels of Matthew says it all (Matthew 23:33, 13:42, 25:41, 25:30). His words possess creative and transforming power. He showcased it innumerable times during His epoch of a visit.

While it is true that the Crucified Christ forgave those heartless beasts disguised as persons on the cross, the "brood of serpents" did not recognize His holy declaration of forgiveness. They were very hostile and adamant. They even asked the Crucified Christ to come down from the cross that they may believe. They cannot swallow that a mere carpenter's son with a dubious terrestrial background was GOD. He had no formal education unlike them who reached the zenith of terrestrial power and honor through hard work. It was an insult to their intelligence, dignity and reputation. They focused their hearts and minds to the terrestrial background of the penniless carpenter's son. They threw away like dung His miraculous works that cannot be performed by any human person and even branded those divine works as coming from Belzeebul.

The mercurial rise of the carpenter's son to superstardom threatened them. Each day that comes they lose followers to the Messiah. They were fuming mad and got a lot angrier. They were consumed with hatred and lost their sanity. He must be eliminated and eliminate Him they did. They had no choice but to remove their masks of piety and religiosity. GOD succeeded in unmasking them. It was too late for them to realize that their collective anger cannot match the anger of GOD if provoked and unleashed. They not only lost their limbs. They lost their persons. They were called "brood of serpents" that they shall be after their expected demise. What a way to go! Whatever honor, wealth, fame and reputation they savored and cherished no end in this terrestrial world all went down the drain all because of their unbridled egoism and hypocrisy.

Please do not make GOD angry. You will not like yourself when GOD gets angry. You will be transformed to limbless beasts if you get Him angry.

Peace to everyone!

For more information, please go to http://www.triond.com/users/oinesra0211 or http://personwithnoreligion.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print