What Really Matters 100 Years From Now?
by Marijo Phelps

As I walked into the skilled nursing facility where I was Assistant Director of Nurses, I heard the charge nurses arguing over who would get which nurse's aide that morning. It was a Saturday after party night on Friday. That means that every able body from the housekeeping staff to the Director of Nurses would be making beds, getting residents up and fed due to the staff shortage.


My friend and neighbor, Dawn, who worked there too saw my frustration at the lack of help. My sweet sister in the Lord came up to me gently touching my elbow and said "What really will matter 100 years from now?


Oh, dear. Before Jesus I had been like those girls who called in sick. I partied too much and certainly wasn't thinking of my patients or supervisor when I called in because I was hung over. And these girls needed Jesus. That didn't fix the staffing shortage but it certainly gave me a new perspective that day.


Over the years that one little question has stuck with me. In many situations the Lord will bring back Dawn's gentle face posing that incredible question "What really matters 100 years from now?"


When our last word is written, when our last breath is drawn, there is only one thing that will matter. It will not be our money or lack thereof. It will not be what we accomplished or who we were related to. The only thing which will count will be how we responded to the incredible gift Jesus Christ offered us.


Did we ask Him forgiveness and allow Him to make us anew? Because that is the only thing in this life which will really matter 100 years from now.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print