The Make It Happen Moment ® Win With Integrity
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "It's not winning that counts. It's integrity!" - George Foreman

One evening at church, my father-in-law was serving as an usher while my family and I attended service. He was wearing a name tag that identified him with the word "Usher" underneath his first name. Afterwards, my youngest daughter was talking with him and became curious about his name tag. Pointing to it, she said, "Paw Paw, is that your real name?" Not thinking anything of it, he said, "Yes baby, that's my real name." So then later on at home, my daughter asked my wife an interesting question, "Mom, what's Paw Paw's last name?" Bewildered by the unusual question, my wife answered, "You know Paw Paw's last name. It's Scheurer." My daughter's emphatic response, "No mom, what's his real last name...the one that begins with 'U'."

So let me ask, what name tag are you wearing? Does it accurately reflect the truth of your real name? Recently, I learned that truth is the most powerful force in the universe because truth can never be changed...it is eternal. Hebrews 13:8 states that "Jesus Christ [truth eternal born in flesh] is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Therefore, we can take heart as believers in Christ, saved by faith through grace, because we carry the spiritual surname of Christ, the Name that is above every other name. This truth can never be changed, regardless of the facts and circumstances of life that try to rename us. You see, while truth is eternal and cannot change, facts and circumstances are temporal meaning that they are temporary, transient, and susceptible to change. Understanding this powerful spiritual principle opens the door to our winning in life with integrity built upon a foundation of unchangeable, unshakeable, eternal truth.

Webster defines integrity as the state of being whole; however, a better definition of integrity is taught by one of my pastors as the complete agreement between body, soul, and spirit. In other words, integrity is all about being whole and complete from the inside out, today and forever. And do you know that we can still be whole, complete, winning in life with integrity, even if we have made life mistakes? To do so, we must embrace truth that never changes, the Lord who makes us whole. In Job 5:17-18 the truth states, "Happy is the man whom God corrects; therefore, do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For He bruises, but He binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole." Friend, the good news is that our loving Father God knows how to correct those whom He loves and at the same time make us whole and complete in Him! How great is the integrity of Almighty God - the complete agreement between Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

Because God's tender mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness reaches to the clouds, the temporary facts and circumstances of life have no power to tarnish our integrity in God, nor our ability to win in life with Him in our corner! With a spirit of humility, thank the Lord who gives beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, so that His children may be called trees of righteousness!

The Make It Happen Professionalism Value: "Make It Happen" People Are Professionals!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Winn With Integrity Copyright 2008, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Win With Integrity, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print