Using God's GIfts
by Ann Elaine Broughton

Using God's GIfts by Ann Elaine Broughton
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms" (1 Peter 4:10-11 NIV).

I am studying about the tabernacle and how it was built in the Old Testament. God gave gifts to men through the Holy Spirit in order to build the tabernacle. Bezalel was a man gifted by God to have skills as a craftsman to make everything that was needed for the tabernacle. God spoke to Moses concerning Bezalel: "I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts.." (Exodus 31:3 NIV).
Just as God gave Bezalel special skills to do his job, the Holy Spirit equips us with skills to serve the Lord. Each one of us has a special gift that only we can perform for the Lord. Have you prayed and asked God to reveal this gift to you? It is our responsibility to use our gifts to serve others. We are the temple of God and we are the ones who must do His will on this earth. It is not enough to read the Bible, go to church, and pray. We are to do something in order to help others see God through our actions. James, the brother of Jesus expresses it this way: " In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead" (James 2:17 NIV). James says it is not enough just to believe in the Lord because even the demons believe that.and shudder (James 2:19). We must also be doing something for the Lord and not just sitting in our comfort zone keeping all of our gifts to ourselves. Who are you benefiting by doing that? Jesus promised that He would help us bear the fruit if we trust Him. He said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5 NIV). My challenge to you this week is to pray to God to show you what your gift is and how you can use it to help others learn more about the Lord. Remember He has equipped you. It is up to you to use it.
Dear Lord,
Help us as we search for the gifts and abilities in us that can be used for your Kingdom. Lead us to see what we can do for you and help us to be brave through your Holy Spirit to take up the challenge you set before us. We know that you will be faithful to complete it in us because you have promised never to leave or forsake us.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

My husband and I have been in the ministry in one form or another for 37 years. I have had several poems published in the local newspaper. I write devotionals for my co-workers and friends. I own this article and have full rights.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print