Miracles
by Dr.Arsenio Esteras, Jr

DOMINUS VOBISCUM!

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. Therefore, I believe in miracles. If I do not believe in God, how can I believe in miracles? Miracles are not natural human acts. Miracles are divine acts. All acts of God are divine.

God told Sarah, the wife of the patriarch Abraham that she will bear a son even though she is barren and advanced in age. She did give birth to a son named Isaac. It was a miracle. The Son of Man restored back to natural life the decomposing remains of Lazarus. It was a miracle. The Son of Man healed in a flash and in effortless haste ten lepers. It was a miracle. On a mountainside, the Son of Man multiplied a few loaves to so many to feed a multitude. There were leftovers. It was a miracle. The preceding enumerated miracles have one thing in common. They had a positive transforming effect upon the creatures upon which it was applied. The results were good and benefited the human persons involved.

God in His divine anger transformed Adam and Eve from divine immortal persons to human mortal persons after they ate the forbidden fruit and their subsequent shallow defense of their woeful deeds. It was a miracle. Lot's wife was transformed to salt after she failed to heed the prohibition not to look back to the city that is being divinely destroyed. It was a miracle. The Son of Man cursed a fruitless fig tree with the holy utterance, "Never again shall you bear fruit!" It withered instantaneously immediately after the holy utterance witnessed by the lucky dozen men that He chose. It was a miracle. The preceding enumerated miracles have one thing in common. They had a negative catastrophic effect upon the creatures upon which it was applied. The results were bad. It downgraded and/or extinguished the creatures involved.

On Mount Tabor, the Son of Man transfigured Himself witnessed by His apostles Peter, James and John. It was a miracle. Three days after His barbaric slaughter He woke up from His breathless slumber almost unscathed. It was a miracle. On the Mount of Olives, He ascended to heaven body and soul accompanied by a battalion of angels His loyal subjects and witnessed first hand by His disciples. It was a miracle. The preceding enumerated miracles have one thing in common. They were all acts of glory at the highest level by the Son of Man who is God. They are patented signature acts.

In the olden times, the angel Raphael healed the blindness of Tobit. It was a miracle. During Abraham's watch, the angels that accompanied Lot to his dwelling place in the sin city of Sodom blinded the neighbors of Lot who were forcibly making their entry to Lot's house to molest his guests. It was a miracle. In the New Testament, the angel Gabriel made Zechariah, the husband of Elizabeth, mute for his unbelief. It was a miracle. The preceding enumerated miracles have one thing in common. They were all done by angels. Angels are not human persons. They are divine persons. They belong to God as a branch to a tree or as a river to the sea. Hence, they can perform miracles if ordered by God. They are the subjects of God in his kingdom known as heaven where all acts are divine and never human and natural.

The apostles after the Pentecost were able to heal and cure sick people and exorcise demons in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Miracles were done through them. During his stint on "Mother Earth" in his native soil as a Capuchin friar, Padre Pio was reported to have healed quite a number of sick people from all walks of life. Miracles were done through him. In these contemporary times, Fr. Fernando Suarez of the Canada based Companions of the Cross became a hot commodity in the Catholic world for the numerous healings that emanated from his hand. Miracles were done through him. The preceding miracles have one thing in common. They involved human and not divine persons. Yet, all of them did not claim they did it on their own power. They acknowledged they were only vessels or instruments of the divine power of God. As always God chooses human persons as miracle workers from generation to generation to remind humanity of His existence. However, He is always very discriminating in His choice.

Miracles are acts of inhabitants not of this "Mother Earth" but inhabitants of heaven that Adam and Eve turned their backs from. The inhabitants of heaven are divine beings. There are no human beings there. Human beings are limited to this terrestrial world. They are markedly inferior beings relative to God and His angels. They cannot perform miracles on their own. It takes an act of God for them to be able to perform an out-of-this-world act called miracle. Less spectacular miracles happen almost everyday among ordinary and faceless people. They do not generate interest because they are not spectacular and they involve unknowns or even less than ordinary individuals. Nonetheless, "even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story." Such is the miracle of the unnoticed but blessed.

Peace to everyone!

For more information, please go to http://www.triond.com/users/oinesra0211 or http://personwithnoreligion.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print