Process Preceding the Promise
by Fenny West

Faces of the Kingdom; Mirrors of the Kingdom part 1
The Parable of the Growing Seed

26 And He said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground, 27 and should sleep by night and rise by day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he himself does not know how. 28 For the earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head. 29 But when the grain ripens, immediately he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come." Mark 4:26-29 (New King James Version)

Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of God in many respects when He was on earth, preaching teaching and healing.
In these series on the Kingdom I will be examining the various aspects or mirrors of this Kingdom and how we can apply the truths to our lives.

In the scripture before us, Jesus is speaking in a parable which is an imaginary story with a hidden truth it
What can we see in this parable?
There are:
the ground
the seeds
the farmer
the process
progression
Expectation,
patience,
faith and the
eventual harvest
Preparation and Planting
We are the ground, our hearts represent the soil. And these can be moist, ready to receive the seed or hard, stony, fallow and needs to be broken up and prepared for the seed of Gods word.
The word of God comes into our the ground of our lives as we prepare ourselves and come before Him daily in our quite times or in Church as we approach the table as it were, yearning to hear from Him, praying,' Lord, speak to me today as your servant preaches. I don't want to just come as a tradition on Sundays, but with a heart panting for Word from the Master like Mary, sitting before the You and soaking in every juice of Your Word.'
When we come with this attitude we can be sure that the Holy Spirit-husbandman -will break the Bread of Life to us, give us revelation knowledge that will blow our minds. No matter how many times we have heard a scripture, the Holy Spirit has a way of bringing new revelation to us and minister to us personally; giving us Word beyond the Logos ( the written Word) but Rhema additionally: Thus saith the Lord!
The Holy Spirit is the Author of the word (the Farmer) and unless we acknowledge Him, we will only be scavenging on the surface of the Word, whilst He wants us to dig deep for His gold, precious jewels, that eye cannot see, ear cannot easily hear and heart cannot comprehend readily.
"Poor preparation before receiving the Word precedes poor appropriation of the Promises."
the process- watering
After planting there is usually a need for watering. Although we do not see this aspect in the parable, it is implied that there is a need to water the seed and the word we hear needs to be watered. That water is represented by our prayers. O how we need to pray without ceasing to see God's Kingdom ushered in our lives, in all its manifestations. Prayer pushes back the boundaries, breaks down barriers and energizes angels to do the will of God. The effective prayer of a righteous man avails much. 'makes tremendous power available.' (James5:15-17)
There is a natural process that applies to seeds before the harvest comes: the blade, the head and then the full grain. Similarly the after hearing the Word and after watering it with prayer, our fruit does not appear immediately, we must learn to wait with confident expectation that God's Word will not return to Him empty. As we do our part, accompanying our faith with corresponding action (applying the Word), God will give the increase eventually. We do not need to worry. The farmer does not go to sleep at night worrying if his seed will sprout. After doing his part he must allow nature to take her course. We too must do our part and quit worrying, leaving God to bring the harvest.

"The Word that is not watered will wither or wilt away"
Pruning Process
For some crops there is often the need for pruning to ensure that the harvest is great. Knives are used for this process as we know and this could be symbolic of some trials we go through , allowed by the Lord to mature us, make us go beyond our comfort zones, make us excel, bear much fruit : 'herein is my father glorified , that you bear much fruit.' John15:8
"Pruning process prepares you to produce fruit preponderantly or profusely."
Much has been invested in us. We were purchased with a great price and God expects a great harvest from our lives. Daily God wants to expand your capacity. He wants us to leave our comfort zones and be daring for the sake o the Kingdom. He wants us to redeem e the time using our gifts and talents to extend His Kingdom.
Do you prepare your heart before you come before Him or do you come casually?
Do you cherish the word you receive from Him, especially the revelation knowledge He gives to you (something you have not seen before or heard before and yet in line with the scriptures)?. Are you growing in grace or stagnated or worse still retrogressing? When last did you hear from the Bridegroom?. He said 'My sheep hear my voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow.
Are you watering the word of prophecy He gave you a while back? or have you set it aside waiting for another one? Often we will receive no further word until the previous word is obeyed.
Let us pray:

Father, in the name of Jesus I come before you today, longing to hear Your sweet Voice. Speak Lord, your servant is listening!

Open my spiritual eyes to see and perceive; open and anoint my ears to hear and understand. Teach me, Lord, to water Your Word with my prayers and tears and wait in faith, in expectation, after doing my apart.

Holy Spirit, I call on You to come and birth revelation knowledge in my heart, as I meditate on Your Word. You have come to guide me into all truth, to take the gems of Jesus and reveal it to me. You are my Teacher, Comforter, Standby, Advocate, Anointing, Intercessor and Counselor. Come and pray through me, the mind of the Father. Pray the perfect will of the Father through me, O Lord.

Prune me to bear much fruit for You and for the extension of the Kingdom of God. You are the Lord of the Harvest. You know what I need to fulfill my vision and to bring great joy to you. So help me Lord. Amen
.


Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print