LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU
by Anna Ashby-Caison

To any Christian wanting to measure his/her level of humility, need not look any further than Philippians 2.

Most Christians probably have verse 5 memorized. But unless you start at the beginning of the chapter, at least with verse 3---you miss the point of the entire message.

In a world that thrives on self-glorification, the Christian's attitude is to be quite the opposite. Instead of pursuing a life of selfish ambition, we are to press toward a life that expresses our relationship with the risen Christ; a life that embraces, edifies and enhances the life of others. This life involves identifying with those around us (becoming abased) that we might lead them to a new and/or greater experiential relationship with Jesus.

Jesus, who is God, identified with humanity by becoming like us, so He could redeem, deliver and restore us back to the Father. He didn't brag about who He was and who He was connected to, He didn't gloat over His many titles, nor did He demand praise. He came quietly in the night, born in a stable to a lowly couple; raised as a carpenter's son; and took the death sentence for every individual ever born into life.

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Phil. 2:9-11

"And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus."- Eph. 2:6, 7

Anna M. Caison, third (eldest daughter) of eleven children, born in Chicago, Illinois. She is an ordain minister, Preschool Teacher and freelance writer for adults and children.  
www.christmadeknowninme.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print