I Thirst
by Dr.Arsenio Esteras, Jr

DOMINUS VOBISCUM!

A human person who is thirsty quenches its thirst by simply drinking a glassful or glassfuls of water. It is imperative for a human person to quench its thirst as soon as possible for inability to do so may lead to physical deterioration such as dehydration that could ravage further an already unstable physical condition.

The thirst of the Crucified Son of Man was not for water simply because He was not human who never have terrestrial needs whatsoever. Besides, if it was thirst for water, He should have complained of it prior to or during the bloody ascent to Golgotha. He was already mercilessly slaughtered prior to the incredibly brutal ascent to Mount Calvary but He did not ask for water or complained of thirst. He fell several times while carrying a heavy cross on His shoulders on the uphill trek on foot to the place called "skull". He was bludgeoned, bruised and bloodied. Again, He did not ask for water or complained of thirst.

A gladiator of a human person similarly situated will not only plead for water. It will plead for its life breathing heavily or it will no longer be able to mumble comprehensible words in between irregular gasps. It will be delirious with moans and groans of unbearable hardship. It will not survive such barbaric butchery alive. It will not reach the summit of its crucifixion conscious. It will be comatose and gasping from dehydration and shock. It will die before it is nailed on the cross. There will be no crucifixion. A well trained boxer in the ring if hit hard just by a lucky punch on the head falls down like timber dazed how much more if subjected to severe slaughter as was done to the Son of Man?

The Son of Man survived the barbaric butchery because He was not human. He was God. He finished the drama of His bloody carnage by shouting at the top of His voice hanging on the cross, "It is finished!" He did not whisper it as a dying man would do on his deathbed. He had enough strength to scream despite the slaughter that He underwent. Was that human? The extreme punitive measures heaped upon Him did not kill Him. He just wanted it stopped. He was the actor and the director of the divine script that He followed and fulfilled. Game is over. "It is finished!"If it was a whisper then nobody will hear it because He was hanging. It will not be included and classified as among His "seven last words". There would be no seven last words if it were a human Jesus that was crucified. His holy scream and the meaningful words He uttered were strong and loud enough for those at the foot of the cross to hear in the open field and not in an enclosed chamber or hall considering the cannibalistic carnage that He underwent with almost no letup from arrest to the crucifixion. Was that human? Please give it a thought!

God in the divine Person of the Son of Man was never human while He walked this earth upon His glorious visit. His thirst that He complained about was not for water or for anything terrestrial because His kingdom is not this world. Water will not quench His thirst. His thirst was for love that He required of and commanded to His creatures.

At the Creation, Adam and Eve backstabbed God with the ingestion of the forbidden fruit behind His back. They abandoned Him for the ancient serpent. At the Visitation, there were not only two persons who abandoned, ridiculed and toyed with His word and works. It was a populace from all walks of life. Then, not content with expletives or utterances of hatred they bruised, bashed, battered and butchered Him. What was given Him was the exact opposite of what He thirst for.

God came down from heaven in the divine person of the Son of Man not just to teach His wayward creatures how to love Him based on His standards. He did not visit to beseech and plead for the love of humanity for Him. He did not visit to humble Himself to the descendants of Adam and Eve who inherited the mark of the beast. He cannot do that for the simple reason that Adam and Eve double-crossed Him and embraced the proposal of the ancient serpent. There is no justifiable and sane reason for the Messiah to humble Himself to sinful humanity. It is not consistent with the commandment that He forwarded when He was doing His public ministry. It was the commandment of unconditional love for Him that goes, "You must love the Lord your God with your whole heart, with all your soul and with all your mind."(Matthew 22:37) Since it comes in the form of command, He was demanding for it. It was not a request. It is a must. No person in authority will issue a command to its subordinate and then humble himself to the extreme before the subordinate commanded upon. Where is the logic and propriety in that? That is comically distasteful. God was not that stupid as portrayed and peddled by the Christian religions. Furthermore, the human person is not just a subordinate of God. It is just a mere creature of God. It is less than a subordinate. It is, in Biblical fact, an outcast from heaven. Were not Adam and Eve, its ancestors, expelled from heaven?

For Christian religions to indoctrinate that the Son of Man humbled Himself to humanity and died for the sins of humanity whose ancestors backstabbed Him is a horrendous mistake. He did not lay down His inconsumable life for the sins of humanity as wrongly espoused. What is the value of sin that He should die for it? He did not thirst for the sins of humanity. He thirsts for the love of humanity. Why should He die for the sins that He unconditionally hate? No person is such a fool to die for something that it hates. God hates sin. He did not die for it to save humanity. That is the most stupid canard that is being peddled and propagated as gospel truth.

God thirsts for love based on His standards and not based on the standards of the human person. The human person sets his own standards for loving God the reason why there are so many Christian religions claiming their love for God runs parallel with His commandment when not one of them comes close to it.

God will not come down for a visit if there was enough love for Him on this earth that quenched His thirst. He has every reason to demand and strongly ask for the creatures the kind of love He wants because He is the Creator upon whom the creatures owe everything and whose ancestors double-crossed Him not accidentally but with all their heart and mind. The human person has no right at all to set conditions for the unconditional love God required of and commanded.

He came down to teach the human person how to love Him and demand for it from the human person. Unfortunately, He did not get what He commanded and thirst for. He got the exact opposite of what He commanded and thirst for! He was slaughtered beyond recognition. It was hate not love; hate that was not only forwarded by the tongue. Hate that was poured out upon His divine Person with all might and fury!

Peace to everyone!

For more information, please go to http://www.triond.com/users/oinesra0211 or http://personwithnoreligion.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print