He restores my soul
by Kathleen Angell

Whoaa, I went looking for stuff like wood chests last night, to re-do.

I get off my regular job at six o'clock and thought I would catch a used store, and then go to the shop to work.

I bought some pretty soft sage paint, black paint, found a huge can of red brick -like paint, and had painted alot of things black the night before and was on a working and painting, roll.

I only have a short time in which to get product and the work done, in the shop we are opening.

I couldn't believe the prices in the used store.

Scrungy stuff in the worst sense of the word, with that old creepy used look. At new prices.

Someone went out smiling with some furniture, so obviously they know something that I don't, or are oblivious to something I do know.

One hundred and fifty dollars for what was I guess, considered an antique, but would really be listed as a throw away. The kind of thing you stick behind the barn, it's so used out, and then when someone finds it for free they feel good.

I feel compassion for the people every time I go out shopping. I can't help it. Jesus loves them so.

Sheep without a shepherd, no one seems to care for them.

Even the shop I was at is suppose to be religiously based, and in their earlier days, did a most wonderful work, maybe they do now, too, I don't know.

But when I view the prices I can't help but wonder.

Why would anyone not want to show their Savior's love, to the poor.

Why would we not want to flood them with the love of our Lord by right doing?

Why would anyone want to over charge the poor.

I don't seem to learn, though, as I go through this same routine about once every so many months.

Sometimes I like to go to just be with the people. Jesus loves them so.

Except sometimes I think they wonder what I am up to having such a good time smiling at everyone in the used store. Lord, give me grace to know where to take your love to. And keep me in remembrance that that is what it is all about.

It is so easy for me to get grungy in my attitude, in the worst sense of the term, with just day to day things.

He restores my soul.

My name is Kathleen Angell.  
My life was dramatically changed when the Lord made Himself real to me.  
We have an outreach to folks experiencing shelter and street life.  It is a great joy to us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print