Angels Awake
by Gary J. Borgstede

"Gabriel, can you hear me? It's me, Michael. Are you awake?"

"Of course, I'm awake, Michael! Do angels ever sleep in heaven? You must be daydreaming of earth again!"

Through spiritual trials, tribulations, and triumphs in heavenly places, Michael and Gabriel - angelic warriors in the Lord's mighty army - have become best eternal friends.

"No Gabriel. I don't mean 'sleeping' awake. I mean awake to the time, you know, Kingdom time!"

"Yes, Michael. I read the Kingdom Times every Sunday. In fact, David wrote a new psalm and the Lord just loves it! And Daniel, you know how he's always praying and fasting. Well, I read that he's beginning another twenty-one day super supernatural fast for a church in Europe. And, oh, the best news of all Michael...Abraham's Kingdom Orientation Class...it's totally jammed packed each week with loads of newbie saints!"

"Gabriel, that's awesome news, but listen to me, mighty angelic being, I'm not talking about the Kingdom Times. I'm talking about the t-i-m-e of the Kingdom. Haven't you been listening to Daniel and all his friends at their brown bag prophecy lunches? They're saying that the time is near when the Lord will shake the earth and everything in it. There is very little time to lose, my friend, and more angel work to do than ever before!"

Michael and Gabriel are no strangers to tough assignments in the Kingdom of God. Ever since the prideful angel, Lucifer, fell like lightning to the earth with a third of the angels, Michael and Gabriel have been fiercely fighting in the army of the Lord on behalf of all His saints on earth.

In fact, there was the time when they led the angelic hosts that blinded the Syrian army arrayed against Elisha and his servant. And then there was the time when they had a blast, marching in the mulberry trees, to let David know that they were ready to go before him and strike the camp of the Philistines. However, the most exciting time they ever had together was the time they held back the waters of the Red Sea as the children of Israel escaped the pursuit of Pharaoh - indeed, a glorious victory for the Lord! Battle after battle, Michael and Gabriel have always been there for one another - AFF - Angelic Friends Forever.

B-O-N-N-G-G-G...B-O-N-N-G-G-G...B-O-N-N-G-G-G...

On earth, the church bell tower bellows throughout the town square announcing the three o'clock afternoon hustle and bustle in Madrid. The beautiful centuries old church was once home to a thriving, vibrant spiritual family of believers; however, it is now sadly nothing more than a spiritually dead tourist attraction with a three dollar admission fee. The reality of Earth Times in every city of Europe is that torn, broken, and tattered lives are being devastated every day by the wicked heavenly hosts of Lucifer and his bunch of rogue dark angels.

But praise God, there is a remnant of faithful praying believers in a growing spiritual family called Faithsong Church.

"Faithsong family, this afternoon begins our twenty-one day Daniel fast," declares Pastor Peter. "Pray that the Lord will send forth His heavenly hosts to loose the bonds of wickedness over our city, undo the heavy burdens placed on our neighbors, let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke in our midst, in Jesus mighty Name!"

"HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY..."

"Michael and Gabriel, are you mighty angelic hosts awake around the throne of My grace?"

"You see Gabriel, it's that time! With a flitter in his wings, Michael the Archangel responds, "Yes Lord, we're awake! We're listening to the times! And, we are battle ready!"

"Do you hear and see what the saints in Europe are doing? They are praying and fasting for their cities, seeking mercy and grace in their time of need. It's time for the both of you to make sure that every part of My Word is fulfilled in their lives according to the word of their testimony and the measure of their faith."

"Yes Lord, we're on our way to answer prayers and do battle in Your Name!"

B-O-N-N-G-G-G...B-O-N-N-G-G-G...B-O-N-N-G-G-G...

Twenty one spiritual battle days later, the church bell tower announces right on time, the three o'clock afternoon hustle and bustle in Madrid. The yellowish demonic haze over the city has lifted away and the sweet smell of honeysuckle fills the town square.

"Pastor Peter? Hi! My name is Michael Arch and this is my friend Gabriel Angels..."
_________________________________________________________________________
Angels Awake Short Story Copyright 2009, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the Angels Awake Short Story, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved. www.makeithappenbooks.com

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print