Genesis 19:2
by Don Costello

Genesis 19:2

And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

a. In Lot's eyes these men were travelers visiting his city for the first time. Knowing the city was dangerously wicked, Lot offered his own home for a place of rest for the evening and then in the morning they would rise up and be on their way.

1. "Nay; but we will abide in the street all night."

a. These angels were on a fact finding mission that was mentioned by the LORD in the previous chapter.

1). Genesis 18:20, 21 "And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

2). The reputation of the cities of the plain, particularly Sodom was already widely known.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print