Freedom and Life
by Jessica Gerald

Dear Heavenly Father,

We praise and thank you that Christ has set us free! Strengthen us to stand firm, so we will not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery to sin. (Galatians 5:1)

Help us to live by the Spirit and not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (Galatians 5:16)

Please protect us from any acts of the sinful nature, such as sexual immorality, impurity, debauchery, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like. Remind us that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21)

Instead, we ask you to fill us with your Spirit so we will have his fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things. (Galatians 5:22,23)

May we belong to Jesus Christ and crucify the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Enable us to live by the Spirit, and keep in step with the Spirit. Don't let us become conceited, provoking and envying each other. (Galatians 5:24-26)

In the name of Jesus we pray,
Amen

Jessica Gerald has been an elementary school teacher for over thirty years, and is the publisher of the website http://www.oldfashionedhomemaking.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print