Thoughts on Gluttony
by Marijo Phelps

Regarding gluttony and Weight Watchers:


First it takes tremendous will power (spell that "won't" power), confessing sin (gluttony) and help from Jesus. Then it becomes a choice (FREEDOM!) eat all you are served at the restaurant or take half home?


Then going down a size in jeans!!!


It's not like I am going around starving myself to death. I am eating 3 meals a day.


Yet I am "starving" my SELF to death. YES, more of Him and less of me.


This is a lifestyle, it is not "I lose some weight and go back to eating as "normal" (this in my 7th week of Weight Watchers)


Food tastes much better. I eat slower and enjoy what I have.


Thank You, Lord.


Proverbs 23:21
for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags. (NIV)


Proverbs 23
1 When you sit to dine with a ruler,
note well what [a] is before you, 2 and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. 3 Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive. 4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. 5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle. (NIV)


Prayer: Dear Jesus, it is several years past the observations I wrote above. I have gained back some of the lost weight but not all. Help me, again, to apply what I learned about moderation and make healthy choices in You. Please forgive me those times I overindulge. And help me always to remember: 1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (NIV) AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print