Her Untimate Day
by Marijo Phelps

I took Mom to lunch. It was one of those chocolate cake and frosting all over fingers and giggles lunches (she had dementia).

Then we to the World Prayer Center for their noon worship and praise service. It was wonderful worship, grand piano and a gal and guy leading singing. Mom was standing clapping her hands in childlike excitement.


She was crying and I was praying that the Lord would overwhelm her with His presence. She whispered "this is where I have wanted to be all my life!"


While we were worshipping I had my eyes shut and saw Dad, who went to be with the Lord 3 years ago and he looked like he did in his 60s, tan and with darker hair and smiling from ear to ear.


I felt like he was watching us praise Jesus and was very happy. I was impressed that he was saying "Marijo, you have NO idea" the implication was what he found heaven to be like and the things he now had answers for. I don't usually have "visions" but it was touching.


Mom could actually see the overheads and sing the songs, sometimes she sat and prayed. A lady came up afterwards and told me it was so good to see Mom worshipping and that her Mom had died 3 weeks ago. She told Mom how pretty she looked in her lavender jacket earlier.


We went to the car and Mom was all excited and said she was going to move there. I told her that it wasn't a place to live but to come and worship. She said no, she was going to live there, it was where she wanted to be all her life. I told her they didn't have beds or food there and people came in the day and went home in the evenings to their homes. "Well, where do I live then?" I reminded her of her apartment on assisted living.


When I dropped her off she talked about packing to get ready to go. I told the staff to watch that she didn't pack. She has packed before including taking down all her pictures etc. because she wanted to move.


The phone rang at 12:45 AM. It was Linda, the administrator of Mom's assisted living place. Her voice was broken and she said "I have some bad news for you, Marijo, your Mom died..." The girls went on rounds and saw Mom kneeling. They went to see if she was ok and she had apparently been dead for awhile, kneeling!


I was of course, shocked. Later, when I thought about our day I realized this is what Mom had prayed for, going quickly and in her sleep. O am not sure if she was sleeping first or praying AND praising the Lord!


She was buried in a beautiful country cemetery in Mounment , next to Dad). We had a simple family service. It was supposed to snow that morning but the snow came through the night before and it was SO wonderful for the service, white trees, blue clouds and sunshine.


We need to be ready to go at any time. Mom would tell you to please make sure that Jesus is your savior and Lord. If He is, then she will see you again in Heaven!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print