Thoughts on the Second of Three Simple Rules
by Judy Doyle

I've been preaching a three-week sermon series on Bishop Rueben Job's book Three Simple Rules This past weekend the topic was "Doing All the Good You Can." I don't solicit comments about my sermons, I don't know if I really want comments about my sermons. However, I had one lady stop me and announce she and her friend were doing "good" this week. They were taking a meal to a friend who has been ill. Another gentleman graciously "bailed me out." I'd driven to Springfield to the Midwest Mission Distribution Center to get sixty flood buckets. (Flood buckets contain cleaning supplies for persons affected by flooding.) However, I couldn't get all sixty buckets into the vehicle. So, I call Ron and asked if he could help me. After some teasing, Ron agreed to help me out. I doubt he would consider this "doing good," but to me it was. I give thanks to God for people who are willing to help others not only me, but the people who have been flooded. Let's pray and trust God that we can all "do all the good we can." If Jesus went about doing good, shouldn't we? God bless you.

I live in Central Illinois.  Have enjoyed writing for over 20 years.  I'm married, one son and daugher-in-law and one grand-dog.  No grandchildren.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print