Unpack Those Bags
by PamFord Davis

Do you like to travel? I sure do and go every chance I get! Most of my plane travel has been to New York State and Texas to visit family. Trips by car have been as extensive as one cross country trip. For about six years I traveled with my husband who drives tractor trailer trucks. During those years we drove in nearly every state.

A necessity is knowing what to pack or carry and what to leave behind. I usually pack more than I should. I want to be sure I'll have everything I might need, so end up with a lot of extra weight to carry. One mishap with luggage happened on a trip from Louisiana to New York State. We left our children's suitcase neatly packed at home on the bed! By the time we realized our mistake, it was too late to turn around. So, we had to buy and borrow clothes during our vacation. Oops!

A handy tip my Mother used was packing an extra empty foldable bag in her suitcase. Then when buying clothes or souvenirs during the trip you will have an extra bag for your trip home. She also always kept a suitcase stocked with toiletries ready. When trip time approached she was prepared. Packing is work for people with organization skills. What about unpacking?

Many times the job of unpacking gets done a little bit at a time, taking things out as you need them. There is nothing exciting about unpacking. The trip is behind you; you are getting back into the regular routine, and dreaming of the next vacation! There is some unpacking that should not be postponed...

If you have been on a guilt trip, unpack those bags! After we confess our sins to The Lord we should turn away from that sin( repent) and walk with God. We are forgiven( I John 1:9)! He sweeps our sins away like clouds and mist( Isaiah 44:22). They are cast away behind His back ( Isaiah 38:17). Sins though red as scarlet become white as snow( Isaiah 1:18). He removes our sins as far away as east is from west( Psalm 103:12). Our sins are cast into the depths of the sea, no fishing allowed( Micah 7:19). We are cleansed when our sins are under the blood of Jesus( I John 1:7).

Don't waste another day. Unpack those bags!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print