The Make It Happen Moment ® Trusting First
by Gary J. Borgstede

Quote: "The only way to receive others' trust is to first trust others yourself!"
- Wayne Hastings and Ron Potter

One day while driving in the car with my mother-in-law, my nephew was discussing his preparation for First Communion. In that conversation, he stated that he was having trouble understanding how the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were One. So my mother-in-law explained to him that some things about God are hard to understand and that it required faith to believe God. At that moment, my nephew's younger five year old brother with fire-engine red hair and a squeaky little voice exclaimed, "Granny, I believe in all those special guys...God, Jesus, the Easter Bunny, Franklin Delano Roosevelt" Laughing under her breath, my mother-in-law inquired, "Franklin Delano Roosevelt! What do you know about Franklin Delano Roosevelt?" My nephew's response, "He's on the money, Granny..." Well not exactly, but there is something on our money most worthy of note. It is the four short powerful words, "In God We Trust."

Because we, the people of the United States, deliberately chose to trust God as our Supreme Provider from the beginning, He blessed us beyond anything we could have ever imagined or asked for as a newly formed nation. In spite of the formidable odds stacked against our founding fathers, they gave everything to secure the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, endowed by our Creator for all people. Putting their trust in the providential care of the All-Powerful, All-Sufficient, Most High God, our founding fathers built our nation fearing God more than they feared man. Likewise, the psalmist, King David, revealed the same kind of providential trust when he declared in Psalm 56:11, "In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Recently, I received an alarming e-mail stating that the words, "In God We Trust", were removed from the new dollar coin. Disturbed by this, I was tempted to join the campaign to boycott the coin until one of my wise friends cautioned me to first validate the claim. So I did by inspecting the first new dollar coin received to see if the claim was true. As expected, I was disappointed to find out that our national statement of faith in God was not on the face or the back of the coin. But still finding it hard to believe, I searched the coin further. And then, there the words were...impeccably inscribed on the side rim of the coin - "IN GOD WE TRUST." While I don't know why the words were moved to the rim, I am glad that our new dollar coin still declares our national legacy of genuine faith in God.

Unfortunately, we won't always understand certain things in life; however, during such times we can most certainly believe the Word of the Lord as stated in Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." With a spirit of faith and commitment, first put your trust in God before anything else, and you will discover that He is faithful to lead you into all truth and fulfill all of His promises for your life!

The Make It Happen Teamwork Value: "Make It Happen" People Foster A Safe Environment Of Teamwork And Mutual Respect!

Have a blessed "Make It Happen" day!

Written by Gary J. Borgstede
President and Founder of The Make It Happen Learning Institute - Reaching People, Unleashing The Extraordinary! www.makeithappenbooks.com

Edited by The Make It Happen Moment Editorial Team

The Make It Happen Moment Trusting First Copyright 2008, The Make It Happen Learning Institute. You have permission to reprint The Make It Happen Moment Trusting First, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print