Written On Our Hearts
by PamFord Davis

February is the month for love. Images of red hearts and arrows are seen everywhere. The heart is where love begins, grows, and flows out to others. It is also where love dies, resulting in broken hearts. We speak of a persons generosity at times describing them as being "all heart." in contrast someone who is selfish we categorize as being "cold or hard hearted." There are times when we are lonely or grieve, then we suffer with a common illness known as "heartache." We all rejoice at times of special celebration, such as wedding engagements, the marriage ceremony, or the birth of a child. Then our hearts leap for joy, resulting in a "happy heart."

The Bible speaks in many ways about the heart. One of my favorite scripture passages is found in Proverbs 3:5-6,"Trust in The Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will guide your paths." We are also instructed to hide God's word in our hearts, so that we will not sin against Him.( Psalms 119:11) these and many others speak of the place within our hearts.

In a worship service led by my Pastor at the time, Dr. Vernon Harkey, he spoke of another area. This time God's word is placed upon our hearts. He said that God knew if His word was on our heart, "It will fall in when our heart breaks." He knows how badly we need it then. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7)

The realization of God's love, of His word, slipping between the cracks as my heart is breaking, is so tender. The dramatic scene of a broken heart with an opening like a chasm, seeing God's word, with His love, plunging to the depths within me, leaves me breathless. We cannot truly know our own hearts; but God knowing all, searches our hearts. (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

This Valentines Day when you see a heart shaped box of sweet chocolates...remember God's word is balanced tenderly, written on your heart.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print