Evacuation Route
by PamFord Davis

Life in The Sunshine State is not always a vacation paradise. Even there residents have to face the reality of nature. You take the bad with the good, where ever you live. In this case that means that means the possibility of Hurricanes. In recent years Florida had the fury of many. Their power, their destruction is embedded in memories. In a storms path Real Estate is leveled, communities and their people are scarred. When the Hurricane Warnings were issued the call rang out: "Evacuation Mandatory." The Emergency Management authorities had done their work. The evacuation routes were prepared, streets and highways properly marked. If residents and tourists would follow the directions of authorities , they could leave the danger and flee to safety. Problems always develop when a evacuation is ordered. Many people underestimate the seriousness of the storms threat. They decide to stay put, hunker down, and ride out the storm. It can mean the loss of life or serious injuries.

Another problem faces those who do evacuate, as they face critical decisions of what to take with them., and what they must leave behind. We are often unaware what a "tight grip" our possessions have on us! At the approach of a Hurricane people are forced to meet this issue head on.

In the Spiritual realm a force more powerful than a Hurricane is lurking. Sin, Evil, Temptations, are all growing, building, gaining strength, as they approach. Do we have to see the destruction? Do we need to have our lives leveled, bear the scars forever? No! God has given us His Evacuation Route! He has made a way of escape.( I Corinthians 10:13) The choice is ours, stay where we are or flee to safety. Will we take "Seriously The Seriousness" of sin? Can we see it as God sees it, leading to death , Eternal separation from Him, for those outside of Christ? To Christians, will we face the reality that sin causes a break in our intimate fellowship with The Lord, and a loss of fruit bearing? Or, as those who decide to take their chances, and sit out The Hurricane, will we choose to "dig in our heels" and remain in the Approaching Storm of Discipline And Judgment?

OK, so if we do take the provided way of escape; what about our baggage? We are told to cast away our sin, anything that weighs us down in our race ahead.( Hebrews 12:1) Christ tells us that to those who leave all behind we will gain Eternal Life. We are also told not to look back..( Luke 9:62)

Our way of escape is always there, is always open. It is never stopped , due to a traffic jam, as evacuation routes often are. So, do not face the powerful Storms of life alone! As Hurricanes are named alphabetically, our way of escape is JESUS, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, A-Z!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print