Lost And Found
by PamFord Davis

The Words "Lost and Found" at a school usually describe an assorted collection of sweaters and jackets, lunch boxes, notebooks, and back packs. The child must describe their missing articles, and then claim them. To me personally, the words hold a much deeper meaning.

One Christmas season, when I was around four years old, my Mother and Sisters, along with an Aunt and Cousin, went together to a shopping center. We did some shopping and the children had a visit with a Store Santa. The rest of my description, I believe, is mostly from my memory; because it is still so vivid. I'm sure my family shared details; but I recall this experience.

My Mother was looking through clothes hanging on racks,and, I was playing down below. Then I realized I was there alone. My Mother, Aunt and the others did not notice that I was not with them. They left and went to another store. Trying to rationalize now, it was Christmas, a busy, joyful time. They were in the midst of shoppers, likely talking, laughing and window shopping.

I was lost and afraid, and a very little girl. Near by I saw a sales counter, with an opening underneath, probably for the storage of shopping bags and boxes. I crawled inside and cried. A Clerk found me, and began asking questions. At that time there were no "Amber Alerts", not even 911; but there was a Clerk who cared. She used old fashioned common sense, and stood me on top of the counter.. From there I could be spotted by someone who might be looking for me; and I could also look for my Mother in the crowd. I think she asked what color coat my Mother was wearing. My eyes were searching the big room..I caught sight first of my Aunt! The Clerk asked if she was my Mother; and I said yes! At that moment she was good enough! She was a family familiar face! I'm sure the rest of my family were all there by then, after realizing I was not with them. They had quickly retraced their steps and found me. I was "Lost and Found!"

For a young girl it was a very traumatic experience; and it left some emotional scars. I have always had an inner fear of getting lost. As a Christian, the words "Lost and Found" are dramatic! I once was lost and wandering aimlessly, like sheep without a Shepherd. I needed someone to find me, rescue me! I was found by my Savior, Jesus! (Matthew 18:10-12)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print