The Security Guard
by PamFord Davis

One occupation that neglects to receive the appreciation deserved, is that of Security Guard. Many times people are even unaware that someone is there on duty. The Guard just quietly does the work required, day by day, sometimes year after year.

My Dad was a Security Guard for General Electric in Syracuse, New York for nearly twenty five years. A Grandfather and Uncle were also on The Guard Force. In many ways it is like a Military or Law Enforcement job, even holding ranks. My Uncle was a Corporal.


The uniforms were impressive, looking much like The State Troopers. There were occasions when my Dad was called upon to direct traffic at vehicle accident scenes. Why? It was because his uniform represented authority, and protection.


The job is often a lonely one, working alone for many hours, in all kinds of weather, and even sometimes in unrest, such as Plant Strikes. I am proud of the work that my Father did.

Do you realize that our hearts and lives are vulnerable, and in need of guarding? See Philippians 4:6-7. We are commanded to not be anxious, but to instead PRAY, and BE THANKFUL, bringing all our requests to God. Then in ways beyond our understanding, His peace will GUARD OUR HEARTS AND MINDS, through Christ Jesus!


Gods' peace is on Guard Duty day and night! Many night watchmen have been known to nod off while on duty. God never grows weary. He quietly goes about His responsibilities, to care for and protect us. We can be sure that "Lloyd's Of London" could not promise more!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print