Granny Pam
by PamFord Davis

It is fascinating to hear the names selected by grandparents today. Traditional choices of grandmother, grandfather and grandma and grandpa are still used. From that foundation our labels go off in all directions! You know who you are; enjoy your new identity!
Both sets of my grandparents were grandma and grandpa; so we had to add the last names when referring to them. I never thought much about choosing a "classification" when I would one day become a grandparent.
When our 2 children were small we lived about 14 miles from my husbands' home town. His family still lived there and we got together often. His grandparents were called Grand Ma' and Grand Pa' Davis, and Granny and Grand Daddy LeMasters. Wellour children spent quite a bit of time with their Great Granny and Grand Daddy. Though in her 60's Granny played right along with the children. She got down on a quilt pallet and wrestled the pre-school version of course! Her laughter was hearty and genuine. Granny was a role model to me for grand parenting. Yes, I would be "Granny Pam" when the time arrived 20 years later. My husband gladly accepted his role as Grand Daddy. If the name fits, wear it!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print